The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Poker Chips CSB (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Guys!

Hope you are all doing well.

Are there any good CSB sets made in Poker Chips out there? I have had no luck in my search so far.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Yours,

Ivan
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Have a look at Joe Porper's Poker Chip Surprise.
"But there isn't a door"
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8855 Posts

Profile of funsway
Marcello at Tango made me a poker chip set with double sided chip and a shell - red and blue.
No reason why the insert cannot be say red-green and allow effects similar to CSB.

There are some edge problems with the gimmicked chips, but easily masked in handling

Write him and ask
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
PCS is the best currently out there. Scott Jenkins (who made the sets with porper) ALLEGEDLY is coming with the updated sets (I half jokingly say allegedly simply because it’s been set back after set back for a couple years. Though, In all seriousness between back problems, sick family , etc... he has every reason to focus on the other things in life and I hope he and his family are all doing better and well). But PCS is the best and a few of us have been anxiously awaiting the new sets. When they are released be prepared to immediately order bc they will sell fast like Lassen’s stuff.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks all.

Jxb, any tips on how to keep updated?

Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Follow the illusion.works Facebook page
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3970 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I wrote to Scott about my own project with poker chips, but after telling me he was working on poker chip stuff he never followed through, so not sure he got the poker chip stuff done.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
516 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Funsway:
I made a Poker CSB by starting with a Tango Poker Chip Magnetic Scotch & Soda (Green Shell / Green-Blue Insert)
I removed the shim from the shell, Blacked the edges with Sharpie and Applied a Red Face sticker from Sucker Punch set! The Red resembles Tangos design so it works really good.
If you can get ahold some yellow or white stickers you can also make one up just with Sucker Punch. Although the Shell is less than deceiving, so it has to keep moving.

If you have Mr Tango’s ear. See if he can release His S&S with two different inserts for using for CSB as well.

Thanx
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
516 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Additionally:
Airship Magic is making great Poker Chip Ramsay stack sets in Genuine Chips (both Clay and CERAMIC!)
https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/208-......esults=7

https://airshipmagic.com/store/home/206-......esults=7

What is exciting about this that they are able to CNC their chips. Eventually, they plan to branch to try Shells, Flippers and other poker chip gaffs! Maybe, they will make up a CSB type set in the future!
I sent them some of the Ceramic Chips from “The Ammo” set and made me an AWESOME Ramsay stack to use with them!!!

Cheers
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3282 Posts

Profile of warren
I have Joe Porper's Poker Chip Surprise which is excellent I just wished I could find a better switching coin type pouch for the finish.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2020, warren wrote:
I have Joe Porper's Poker Chip Surprise which is excellent I just wished I could find a better switching coin type pouch for the finish.

Quiver
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2020, Jxb1989 wrote:
Quote:

Quiver

Good idea.
Yours,

Ivan
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3970 Posts

Here is a poker chip csb, but a bit different than what you are thinking:

https://youtu.be/uM2oajswUfY
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Beautiful, but not exactly what I am looking for.
Yours,

Ivan
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3970 Posts

Ron Davies in the UK makes gaffed poker xhips, and his work is phenomenal.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Let me look him up!
Yours,

Ivan
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Michael, thanks a lot for the recommendation. Ronald is such a great guy.
Yours,

Ivan
SpongeBall
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SpongeBall
Quote:

If your not familiar with "the traveler" it may work for you. I use it to switch 4 coins and the end of a routine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qceg7OGG420
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
I thought about using the Traveler for the final switch. But haven't thought of a good way that I like, to switch the chips at the end. Would love to know ow you do it.
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Poker Chips CSB (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL