The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » One way force dice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
16 Posts

Profile of Wez_Evans
Well I'm a silly sausage...
I bought a set of one way forcing dice (I think this is what they are called) thinking they were spotted normally, but that each only rolled to one number. Like loaded dice I guess.
However, they of course are a set of dice, of which all faces are the same.
A dice for each number.

Oh well, an opportunity to learn, and to try and think of some applications.

Anyone got any suggestions they would like to offer? Or perhaps signpost to some existing routines/ literature etc, that I can use as a starting point/ inspiration.

TIA
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2706 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm certain what you are looking for, but if you are focused on the fact that the dice are not examinable

check out some simple methods to switch the gimmick ed dice in and out - its not very hard at all.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
16 Posts

Profile of Wez_Evans
Yeah I've got a few ideas about that; using some standard coin moves for example, to switch in the dice after a regular has been rolled a few times or examined.
And also making use of a cup to ensure that an ideal view of the die is shown when 'selecting' a number.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22346 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Wes_Evans, maybe the Meir Yedid website will get you started, he has a lot of information and products on loaded dice.

https://www.mymagic.com/products/search

There is another magician that sells a complete dice set, I can't remember his name, but maybe another member will chime in.

Also look at http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html scroll down the page to his dice offerings.
Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
16 Posts

Profile of Wez_Evans
Thanks Bill, I will have a looksie
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2706 Posts

Profile of John Long
Some time ago, someone on the Café mentioned a 'Gypsy die switch" that switches two for two; it looks good.

Another form of this is a basic switch for sponge balls, or wadded up (torn) paper for (whole) paper.

A word of caution, the term "gypsy switch" is used for some rather different types of switches. Make sure you get one for 3-D objects, not one for coins (which tends to use a cloth).

Or the book Kort has a Cups & Dice routine that teaches a switch (but I think it is more difficult)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
16 Posts

Profile of Wez_Evans
Thanks John, I will check that out. Much appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » One way force dice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL