The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Khamun Ring Mystery by Magic Wagon (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
khamun Ring Mystery by Magic Wagon will be released very soon (probably next week, but not on Sunday).

Here is a brief description:

The performer displays a beautiful ornate cabinet and removes the front cover showing it to be completely empty. He then places the hexagon-shaped ring onto the floor of the cabinet and replaces the cover. The gold rod is then inserted through the slots on the sides of the cabinet with both of its tips remaining in full view. Now, and to prove that the ring is still on the floor of the cabinet, the performer gives the cabinet a shake so the audience can hear the ring sliding back and forth on its floor. Finally the performer snaps his fingers and removes the front cover of the cabinet revealing that the ring is now hanging on the gold rod!

Khamun Ring Mystery has been inspired by one of the rarest micro magic effects by Clarence Miller and called Nuts and Bolts. It is a stunning and inexplicable effect!

The entire outfit is extremely detailed and in the genuine Egyptian motif style. Each set has also been painstakingly and individually hand-crafted by our own exclusive artist.

The cabinet only, without the front cover in place, measures approximately 9.5cms wide, 9cms high and 6cms deep.

The photos really do not do justice to this very elaborate piece of magic apparatus! This is, without question, one of the finest and most exquisitely detailed effects ever produced and is absolutely stunning in appearance!

Any thought?
Simon

P.S. Many thanks to Tony Curtis who kindly provided the cool illustration above!
ElDan88
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of ElDan88
This looks amazing !!!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
First impression: I like these optical appearance very much ⭐️

Second impression: I would have chosen a triangular-ring

A hexagon-shaped ring do not fit to the egyptian topic
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On May 22, 2020, Magic Dust wrote:

A hexagon-shaped ring do not fit to the egyptian topic

Well, maybe a story line about the goddess Nut (tongue in cheek) will help you justify that part? Smile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_(goddess)

I'm pretty sure you could find a perfect angle of presentation Olaf.

Simon
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On May 22, 2020, simcoscor wrote:

Well, maybe a story line about the goddess Nut (tongue in cheek) will help you justify that part? Smile

Thanks for this perfect hint, you have once again turned a weak point into a redemption 👍
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Price?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On May 23, 2020, Doric wrote:
Price?

As usual, the price will be announced by Magic Wagon only when the item will be available.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
How is magic wagon able to take the original premise of a magic trick made by and rights (held by) others and everyone is excited and happy,
but other smaller makers that may want to make a "floating table" for example get trashed about it?

Khamun Ring (the golden disc of Amun-Re) was first made by Reidel (March, 1945) and those rights were sold to Jay Leslie House of Enchantment.

I'm sure someone will say this isn't the section to be discussing this but...
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well I know if there is enough difference in the mechanism on how it works then it no longer falls under the same for lack of other word copyright infringements. I have a miniature ring on sword that was put out a few years back and the workings on this is different enough where this could have been produced with no problem. I'm pretty sure they will make sure to credit who needs to be credit they're normally pretty good when they put out a product it would surprise me if they infringed on a product.

Good magic to all,

Eric
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I've just been informed that Khamun Ring Mystery will be available Monday May 25.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
I will likely give this one a miss.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I definitely want this if the price is right!
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
$269.95

It's toppy for sure.
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
$270 and up seems to be their threshold these days! The original is only about $150 if you can find one.
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
The sale starts quite fast this time with Khamun Ring Mystery

Only 25 pieces are still available after about 4 hours ...
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
I also think this item was 1st made by Riedel. Afterwards Jim Swoger made the effect. Leslie then obtained the rights. Clarence Miller made 2 versions Nuts and Bolts and Yin and Yang. I think another version appearing in many catalogues was the Kennard version. Okito also made a version which was somewhat different using a wand and ribbon. I like the look of new Magic Wagon release and it should be a very good seller.
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Quote:
On May 25, 2020, Payner44 wrote:
$270 and up seems to be their threshold these days! The original is only about $150 if you can find one.

I was referring to the Miller version.
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:
On May 23, 2020, Cleverpaws wrote:
How is magic wagon able to take the original premise of a magic trick made by and rights (held by) others and everyone is excited and happy,
but other smaller makers that may want to make a "floating table" for example get trashed about it?

Khamun Ring (the golden disc of Amun-Re) was first made by Reidel (March, 1945) and those rights were sold to Jay Leslie House of Enchantment.

I'm sure someone will say this isn't the section to be discussing this but...

Who's really bothered about ethics these days? Only if any 'big names' get affected, some noise is made. But otherwise, generally its an 'I don't care' attitude mostly, imo.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Now only 15 left... moving very quickly.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Khamun Ring Mystery by Magic Wagon (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL