The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Individual Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KieranS
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of KieranS
Hi.

So I am fairly new to mentalism, I have a few books which I am working through, starting with the classics of course, however, I was wondering peoples opinions on purchasing 'individual effects' There are a few sites I have come across that sell these, all with bold claims and sometimes incredible trailers, but I am wondering whether I will be waisting my money just buying one effect ?

I hope that makes sense Smile
Thank you

Kieran
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1412 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Generally speaking, I'd say you probably would be wasting your money buying a single effect. I'd personally recommend getting a basic grounding from books in principles and techniques. You could also consider, though, buying utility apparatus that can be used in multiple ways, such as a wallet (if that fits your approach), ESP cards and other cards that are not playing cards (take a look at http://www.thoughtillusions.com/ for example).

Barry
KieranS
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of KieranS
Ok, brilliant, Thank you Barry, I shall check it out Smile
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2500 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Better off with a few good books
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
KieranS
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of KieranS
Thank you Jerskin, Perhaps it is not content that I am struggling with, it is finding the confidence to just go out and perform!!
Armando Cheung
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
50 Posts

Profile of Armando Cheung
Some individual effects are great, like Colin Mcleod recent release.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Individual Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL