The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Haunted Key Deluxe by Murphy's Magic (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Everything old is new again!! Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On May 27, 2020, IAIN wrote:
Oh? So it's not made out of hollow plastic and filled with water? How disappointing...

Magnetic water? You may be on to something.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have a bunch of keys for this effect and will be adding this one as well... a favorite is this giant "jailers" key I found in an antique shop. Is weighted perfectly and shows up great when performing for a larger group (remember those days?)...

NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
JM Talbot, I just couldn't help noticing your lifeline. Smile
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
"That's not a key. THIS is a key!"
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I think his hands are just very small
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
How big is the lock?!
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've asked SEVERAL times now, and I NEED to know...why did people think this would be plastic?!
I've asked to be banned
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I didn’t assume it would be plastic but I guess I can sort of understand why some people did:

A) Murphy’s didn’t specify in the original ad, which seems a little fishy.

B) Price. Nobody expected something (apparently) this nice to be just $15.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I know ads can be misleading, but you can see in the demo a few effects and the key would need to have some kind of weight to it for it to work...

I could maybe see people thinking it's been 3d printed...

I've got a 19th century key from a Birmingham gaol off eBay a few years back, works well...

And, dunno how well known this is, but you can do the basic affect with a Sharpie..
I've asked to be banned
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, IAIN wrote:
How big is the lock?!

Huge! Actually no idea. Was told by the antique shop owner it came from an old jail house in the area. When I put it in my hand (normal sized Smile) and realized it was weighted perfectly for the effect I had to have it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 27, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Thanks, Patrick. I just ordered one from Hocus Pocus.

Gang, Hocus Pocus is having a 33% off sale TODAY (members only and only on items that have a member price in red). I ordered the Murphy's Haunted Key for $10.02 plus tax and shipping.

There are only 3 certainties in life...death, taxes, and that Hocus Pocus is having a sale!

Personally I wish that rather than their constant sales they would offer free shipping over a certain amount like almost every other major magic retailer does.
(Oh, and list items as out of stock when they run out.)
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Has anyone received their key yet? or is it still on backorder?
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Smooth Criminal
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Smooth Criminal
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Thanks, Patrick. I just ordered one from Hocus Pocus.

Gang, Hocus Pocus is having a 33% off sale TODAY (members only and only on items that have a member price in red). I ordered the Murphy's Haunted Key for $10.02 plus tax and shipping.

There are only 3 certainties in life...death, taxes, and that Hocus Pocus is having a sale!

Personally I wish that rather than their constant sales they would offer free shipping over a certain amount like almost every other major magic retailer does.
(Oh, and list items as out of stock when they run out.)

Do they stock anything you can't get elsewhere?

If not, vote with your wallet and just chose dealers that offer the things you want.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I’ve purchased many estate pieces from Hocus Pocus. And, as far as I’m concerned, their customer service is the best in the business.

hypnoman, The key isn’t being released until next week.

Mark
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 29, 2020, Smooth Criminal wrote:

If not, vote with your wallet and just chose dealers that offer the things you want.

Obviously that's what I do but they get a fair amount of exclusives and those typically aren't included in their sales.
Plus I think they're one of the good dealers and I'd love to support them more often but the lack of any free shipping usually drives me elsewhere.

They're still just a little locked into an old school mindset as to how they run their business that I wish would be updated. But hey, if it's working for them I guess it doesn't matter what I think.
Smooth Criminal
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Smooth Criminal
Quote:
On May 29, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 29, 2020, Smooth Criminal wrote:

Obviously that's what I do but they get a fair amount of exclusives and those typically aren't included in their sales.
Plus I think they're one of the good dealers and I'd love to support them more often but the lack of any free shipping usually drives me elsewhere.

They're still just a little locked into an old school mindset as to how they run their business that I wish would be updated. But hey, if it's working for them I guess it doesn't matter what I think.

Fair enough. I think the old fashioned dealers that refuse to move with the times aren't long for this world.
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of balzar
I went to Penguin to pick one of these up but the item is now listed as discontinued.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I received my Haunted Key Deluxe today. Murphy's has done a fantastic job on this prop! The key looks like something you'd find at an antique store sitting in a jar full of other metal items that have been mostly undisturbed for years. The weight is perfect. I've never performed a haunted key routine before and it only took a few minutes of practice to find that I could control the speed of the roll with ease.

Here's a photo of my key.

Click here for a much larger version of that photo: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-JC9k......kmRK.jpg

The box:

This is the magic value buy of the year as far as I'm concerned. I'm stunned that Murphy's isn't selling this for at least $29.99, it's worth it.

Mark
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I went to hocus pocus & grab one on their 33% sale an hour before it ended, looks like they sold out of the 1st batch everywhere.
For $10 & $8 in shopping & tax (for me) I'll give it a try. Next day got shipping notice sat am even though site said available June 1st.
I have & love my Prof BC Cemetery gate key that's the bomb !! I'll give this a shot for the fun & for what it might be good....well see.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Haunted Key Deluxe by Murphy's Magic (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL