The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Youtube (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex Day
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Alex Day
Hi if you like self working magic check out mismagi on YouTube. I've recently learned the most deceptive self working card trick from there.
ssibal
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of ssibal
What trick did you learn? Who is the original creator?
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1513 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
You must mean Mismag822, aka "The Card Trick Teacher".

He has a lot of followers, but is the quality of his teaching and techniques better than your typical `teenager does tutorials on youtube'?

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6470 Posts

Profile of magicfish
And does he have permission to steal and expose others' material?
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1513 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 31, 2020, magicfish wrote:
And does he have permission to steal and expose others' material?

I highly doubt it. I haven't looked carefully at this channel, but from what I can see, I don't think there's much in the way of crediting at all. I recommend that students of card magic seek out a reputable teacher who has more respect for his sources, and who can teach proper technique.

The majority of magic instruction on youtube is by amateurs with a mediocre ability in card handling. Budding magicians relying on these kinds of tutorials will learn bad habits, inferior techniques, and in the long run it won't hold them in good stead. Instead, invest in a good book or buy a video by a trusted magician and teacher, so you'll learn proper techniques from the outset, and support the creators of magic.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
Gennovense
View Profile
New user
Santiago
42 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
Couldn't agree more, that channel is not good for learning seriously. If you want to learn self working stuff check out Big Blind Media website and Dani DaOrtiz.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Youtube (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL