The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Anyone dealt with Roy Kueppers (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4155 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I've had great, mediocre and poor experiences.

With Lassen or Johnson products you *always* knew the quality you were going to get, and when you would get it. My own experience with Kueppers has not led me to have that same confidence.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Never got a bad quality product from Keuppers. I buy from him with complete confidence.
Harle
View Profile
New user
Longmont, CO
10 Posts

Profile of Harle
I've had a couple of his pieces for a while (acquired through third party dealers) and was impressed, especially for the price. I've also had a few really pleasant communications with him, but I know that my experience isn't universal.

Regardless, I trust him enough that I've got another order in with him now, and am quite excited to check it out once it gets here.
Harle
View Profile
New user
Longmont, CO
10 Posts

Profile of Harle
Recieved my aforementioned "OxF" order, and I have good things to report! Pieces all look great, and have smooth "action."

Shipping was also pretty quick, got my order in on Thursday, received it Tuesday, and that includes the most recent three day weekend.

All in all, I'm really pleased with my order, and I'm encouraged to order from Roy again.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1254 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Just sent an order too Roy, wish me luck!

Will update on the outcome.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1254 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Here is the outcome.

I am DONE with this %$#@ing blank blank blank (cover your kids ears)!

Fortunately the order was through PayPal and they refunded my payment in full.

DO NOT ORDER from his website. Third party vendor only. Don't waste months of your time dealing with this ***hat.

Material quality is very good. Customer and business operations - the WORST!

You have been warned!

I need to refrain from further comment.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
778 Posts

Profile of dman11
I recently had Roy make me a couple sets of Samoya coins. He is busy so it took a few months but communicated throughout (and went out of his way and filmed some stuff for me too) and the coins came out fantastic. Great experience for me.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2210 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I don't understand this hit or miss with Roy. We partnered with Roy about 3 months ago. Roy helps with coin work when we are backed up, he also does custom work that we need in large quantities that we go through a lot, that quite frankly, it's easier to have Roy do them than to take up that time here. Our order are usually always custom dimensions or styles. Our minimum orders are 100 pieces of any give type.
Roy has always managed to to have our orders out to us with 24-48 hours and right now he's batting 100%, not a bad unit in any given order.

As far as reaching Roy, we don't expect, immediate replies, he's working on orders, wether it's ours or another customers. Roy has always been reachable and replied in a timely manner. If you have a Facebook account, he's reachable that way too.
I personally try to stay off the phone unless there is a major change in a custom job. It's from experience that a majority of those who call to check on an order will try to keep you on the phone to talk about the latest effect by Murphy's or Shim Lin
just as an example.

If you had dealt with Todd in the past you know your orders could take months, and earlier on, up to a year. Why would any good coin machines not deserve the same respect? People would joke about how Todd would not answer emails for return
phone calls. But in other peoples cases, other machinists are bad guys. It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not saying this because people are complaining here, I'm just sharing our experience with Roy and his work over the past several months, which has exceeded our expectations.

Jake Jr.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1254 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I purchase from Todd. He responded to emails. Roy NEVER!
My experience from Todd was totally opposite to Roy.

If Roy would state on his web page the average wait times, then I believe a lot of frustration could be avoided.
Is every purchase may to order? Does he run batches on stock? The answer to all these questions would manage expectations.

Jake - Ask Roy to run the Gaffed Ellusionist Artifact R2 line of coins. I will buy them from you!

Posting your phone number is kinda of nuts. You will be answering the phone all day or getting a lot less work done.
Unless he has someone for that purpose.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2210 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Jerry, I'll be speaking with Roy and bring this up to him. I'd like to see him progress, not degrees. Your ideas are without question good ones.

I'll ask my brother to speak to Roy about the Gaffed Ellusionist Artifact R2 line of coins, I'm sure that can happen.

When I placed orders with Todd, I just paid and when they got here they got here. Todd was the master to me in my lifetime. I treasure every set
I have made by Todd.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1107 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I'm surprised to hear Todd responded to some emails (my understanding was that he did not, and preferred the phone), I feel like it even said that on his site somewhere.

I've personally had mixed success. One order from a-la-carte (direct from the website) items was fast, another slow.
I tried to do a custom order a couple of times, and have also had inconsistent results.
Initially there was a quick email response, but then radio silence, and so I took my business elsewhere.
When I tried again for a different order (through the form on his website), I never heard back at all.

I understand that stuff comes up, and sometimes there are other big orders that can take priority. At the same time, it's important to message that. Even an email autoresponder can go a long way to having a customer feel heard. If you're in a business of custom items, communication is key, IMHO.
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
The dealings that I've had with Roy has always been good to very good and he's responded to my emails in a very timely manner even though they're off the wall questions bc I'm trying to stretch my dollar. Thanks for the coins you've sent and correspondence. Actually I've sent him a message just recently about the Pakistan coins he used to use and got my answer tout de suite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Anyone dealt with Roy Kueppers (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL