The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A Decent Street Levitation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me any goss on a levitation that can be done on the street, with an audience? I'm not talking about the Balducci, or any of those things where your feet rise 2 inches above the floor. I'm talking a real looking levitation, where you can float an assistant horizontally, 3 or 4 feet above the ground. I saw Criss Angel do a great looking one on his website, where he levitated a female audience member after "putting her in a trance". Chances are she was a stooge though, right? Still looked great. Here's the video:

http://www.crissangel.com/criss_angel_mindfreak/video_2.htm

It's called the 'NYC Times Square Levitation'

Anyway, I really liked this concept. Is it possible to perform this kind of stage style illusion on the street without the use of audience plants?

Thanks guys!

-- Topher
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Back in the 90s, I saw a levitation like that. I think it was from Mephisto's Magic Studio over in Belgum. The phone number I have for them is:
Int - 32 56 213053 fax: int- 32 56 214259. I got these numbers from their 1994 book. With this one, she is a stooge.

Emmett

Here is the website:
http://www.mephisto-magic.com/default.asp?lang=fr

I think this is where they use to sell that kind of levitation. E-mail them.

Emmett
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just seen the video you refered to. I am sure you would not almost break the neck of a person off the street. These were all his helpers/stooges, I am sure. Remember, she knew to put her hands on her chest and cross her ankles, as well as make herself rigid. Also they were all the same type of people as the magician. Meaning no suits.

The illusion does look good. But remember that the streets and sidewalks are hollow underneath the city. Meaning there is a number of different ways this illusion could be performed. It does look like a covering on the ground around the performing area.

You are assuming alot, in your question. As this is only a small clip. We have no evidence that they just stopped along any part of a street and performed the floating.

The only good simple illusion you can use for outdoors is Super-X by Abbott's. The spectator is on a board. You can use spectators to lift her. It does require some ground covering also. The chair suspension is also an excellent way to do a levitation anywhere any time.

So did you ever buy the Chriss Angel DVD's? It would be nice if you reviewed them for us.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I'm still waiting on an e-mail from the Criss Angel merchandise website. I'm feeling a bit apprehensvie about buying DVD's from overseas at the moment. Last DVD I ordered from a well known illusionist, who shall remain nameless (cough! cough! david Copperfield! cough!), never arrived. I e-mailed them to get some info about their shipping speeds, etc. If I do decide to purchase them, I will gladly review them for the rest of the Café.

-- Topher
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Do a search. This subject has been hashed out a few times.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I have a Super-X, I don't know what type of "street" act your trying to do, but I don't use my Super-X on the street ... it is heavy and big and not really suited for a street performance - maybe a festival or something where you have a defined stage, but not somewhere where the audience is free to walk up to the illusion and sneak a peek. If you wanted to do a Super-X outdoors, you would also hafta do something about the ground covering - don't want the silk blowing away in a gust of wind.
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Hi guys,

A levitation that is SIMILAR to the one being discussed here is "The Madrid" from Yogano Magic. It might be classified as a suspension though and an assistant must be used, rather than a spectator. Take a look anyways, here's a link to the site (in french):

http://www.yogano.fr.st

Click on 'La Madrid' on the left menu bar, theres a pic and a description in french. From memory this illusion was selling at around the $12,000 mark.

Good luck in your search,

Mike

PS: I'm in the process of developing a fully surroundable/street SELF & ASSISTANT levitation at the moment. It's a tough project though, wish me luck Smile .
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Hi!
the video under the link http://www.crissangel.com/criss_angel_mindfreak/video_2.htm doesn't work on my computer! do I need any programm to play it???
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Andl, you need to down load Quick Time Player. It's on the bottom of that site.
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Thanks!
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
The bulducci levitation is goo.But it has some problems with its angels.Can anybody tell me about a levitation that does not have as much angel problem as the bulducci???

What do you guys think about the Andruzzi levitation?I've learnt it But didn't performed it anywhere yet.If anybody has performed it,please tell me about your experience.

What do you guys think about the Andruzzi levitation?I've learnt it But didn't performed it anywhere yet.If anybody has performed it,please tell me about your experience.
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
I have yet to fail with the balducci... it seems risky, but once you can pull it off, it works. Stick with it.
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan
Criss angels is a special one with some twists put in...............not useful for live audience...
HotblackDesiato
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
4 Posts

Profile of HotblackDesiato
The Balducci is excellent, but I'm also very impressed with the King Rising levitation. It's generally more impactful than the Balducci because you see both sets of toes coming off the ground, and the shoes are examinable afterwards, unlike with the Andruzzi levitation.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Quote:
On 2004-06-08 03:24, MikeJRogers wrote:
..."The Madrid" from Yogano Magic.....http://www.yogano.fr.st

Click on 'La Madrid' on the left menu bar, theres a pic and a description in french. From memory this illusion was selling at around the $12,000 mark....

I you go there to this site, you will see in the menu, an item called Diablo. Now that is something that is similar to the way Criss Angel held his feet when performing that levitation on the street. Obviously there is something to the technique and it looks very similar. How much for the Diablo?
elasmac
View Profile
New user
Bristol, VA
54 Posts

Profile of elasmac
I really like the balduuci. I'ts not for busking, but it's still good. But I've never seen Kings Rising...
There are three things I love in life. Family and friends and magic. So I love doing magic for friends and family.

Smile
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Isn't balduuci the method that David Blaine uses?
Not asking you to tell how it is done, just a Yes or No?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2004-06-09 17:47, protik wrote:
The bulducci levitation is goo.

Yuk! Sounds pretty sticky to me!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Go with either King Rising or Wild Levi. Each has its own merits but both clearly show your audience that both your feet are rising above the ground. With Wild Levi and King Rising, you can left either one of your foot to show that there was nothing under your shoes. And by you waving your jacket around you, you also demonstrated that you have no strings around or above you.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
elasmac
View Profile
New user
Bristol, VA
54 Posts

Profile of elasmac
I'd really love to know where I can geta book on KR. could someone tell me a reliable site?
There are three things I love in life. Family and friends and magic. So I love doing magic for friends and family.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A Decent Street Levitation? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL