The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Malini's reincarnation of a turkey (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
According to many people, legendary magician Max Malini was once served a turkey, plucked and roasted, at a dinner party of his friends. He promptly waved his hands and the (headless) turkey jumped up, gave a squark and then went off, still featherless. Do you think this is real? There is no footage of it. Maybe it was exaggerated and the dinner party was hosted by Malini himself? Does that make a difference? Your opinion, please.
DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
50 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
A third- or fourth-hand accounting of Malini is hard to analyze to see what Malini did or didn't do and how that appeared to his audience. Here's a clip of David Blaine pulling the head off a chicken and restoring it, an effect that goes back at least to Robert-Houdin, if not before. Personally, I suspect Malini may have done something similar.

https://youtu.be/5g_1deawGjo

See what you think.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
From: http://cardopolis.blogspot.com/2019/09/m......ken.html
You’ll find the report in the MUM magazine (January 1920, Vol 9, No 82) and also The Sphinx January 1920, Vol 18, No 11).
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Zuzyak
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Zuzyak
I also read something similar and in my opinion it was just that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Malini's reincarnation of a turkey (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL