The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Build my own leather chop cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Hi,

I am wondering how to size the strength of a certain something to go in the base of a leather cup, or should it not be m@@@@@@c? Do you have to match the gaffed ball's total weight? Any preference on material?

Thanks
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Make a regular leather cup, then make a false bottom of leather and put the mag. in between. Once you find the right strength of mag..., glue the false bottom in place
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
You can also purchase adjustable chop balls, which give you even more latitude regarding functionality.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
There is nothing like making your own chop cup. Especially from something like plastic or leather which can be examined. So just follow my advice. This is adjustable. You totally test it. Before gluing it in the final time. Don't use metal. Once I used a magnetic ring and a mag coin and a simple spectator figured that it was due to magnets right away. Be smart. Hide the M.O. of your magic. Right idea!!! Anot
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Another idea. You could put mag. steel in the bottom of the chop cup and mags in the balls. That way they could examine the cup and it would not stick to anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Build my own leather chop cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL