The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Been gone for a few years (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hypblake
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of hypblake
Hello all! I have been performing for many years and once that really took off I basically stopped coming to the Café and stopped paying attention to what was new on the market. My shows are my shows and I have no reason to change them. Seeing as all my shows were canceled in basically a night I have some free time (unfortunately). While I am not new to magic, I am curious what fun exciting books, dvds, effects have come out the past few years. I perform as a Hypnotist and a Mentalist, but I love close up magic etc and really am more on the hunt for that type of stuff as I am doing this for my own personal entertainment, not for shows etc.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
967 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Try anything by Manoj Kaushal, especially his latest, "Lockdown".

But do some research first, because his style may not suit you.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
dustrod
View Profile
Regular user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
143 Posts

Profile of dustrod
Anthony Owen's book SECRETS has some great close-up and Mentalism in it. I just finished reading it.
hypblake
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of hypblake
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, Jack Straw wrote:
Try anything by Manoj Kaushal, especially his latest, "Lockdown".

But do some research first, because his style may not suit you.

Great suggestion! Again I am not looking for anything but fun right now, so styles etc don't matter. I just picked this up!
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
717 Posts

Profile of no2ss
If you do mentalism, you should pick up Drew Beckenstoss's Architect of the Mind book. One of the best mentalism books in a long time: http://www.mindofandrews.com/aotm.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Been gone for a few years (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL