The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Shuffling Spreading Fanning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
I felt safe posting this video here because there's no magic in it - no secrets - it's all just technique.

I'm just the answer is, "I just need to keep practicing", but I will greatly appreciate any feedback if there are tweaks I can make to my technique as I continue to practice.

Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/MpBOiSf0pPg
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
You're doing well, much better than you give yourself credit for.

For me, I don't curve my spreads, but I also have a bigger pad.

Keep at it, you're well on your way.

Dave
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
Thanks Boomer - I waited a few more days to respond to see if anyone else would respond.

I did make ONE adjustment to the shuffling - instead of placing the cards right on the knuckle, I place them on the digit between the 2 middle knuckles - that helps me get just a little bit better grip on the cards and helps reduce the problem I have where the top cards fly off.

I'm a little surprised you don't curve your spreads - I've always thought the rainbow spread was "standard" for lack of a better term - I see magicians and poker dealers do it all the time.

I've thought from time to time that I wish I'd bought a slighly bigger closeup mat. I might invest in one after awhile but I want to practice with the one I have first because I feel like if I execute the spread and flip correctly I have enough room.

Further bulletins as events warrant.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Ok, you're right, I do curve them on occasion, but not nearly as tight. Since I have an 18" mat, it's much more gradual.

I love how those Stargazers looked spread out, reminds of the old Abbott's Zinab's that made all sorts of interesting designs depending on how your spread them.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Shuffling Spreading Fanning (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL