The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Show Structure and Creativity Workshop (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2384 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Hey Guys, I'm really not sure if this is the place for it but since it's on "theory" and not tricks, I thought I would drop it here and it can be moved if there's a better place!

This is an online Lecture/workshop or talk I did on magic theory and show routining but I go on to a lot of other topics as well. It's on Facebook but if you're not on there, I'm not sure how to get it. I'll try to post it on YouTube at some point.

Thanks!

"WONDERFUL words of wisdom...Ray knows his stuff! listen up!" - Jeff McBride

"Ray Pierce came out with a lecture about audience-feeling, staging and creativity. In normal times I would never have watched this 2 hour video. But in these difficult times I did. I am not the same anymore. Ray Pierce EST MON NOUVEAU GOURU ❤" - Otto Wessely

"This is a masterclass in show structure and creativity. Do yourself a favor and watch this. Grab a coffee, get your note pad and pencil ready." - Kevin James

"This is gold! Powerful stuff told in such a charming and engaging way!" - JC Sum

https://www.facebook.com/ray.pierce.37/v......98634860
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you kindly, Ray.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6245 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I watched it several days before when someone sent a link. Great stuff! Lots of thinking on how to structure your shows. Do yourselves a favor and look it up before it goes away.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Wow. I just watched the first 30 minutes and need to digest it. That's one of the best things I've ever encountered here.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2384 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Thanks guys!! lol... I fully accept that it's a LOT to sit through. Otto took it in small doses as well.
Ray Pierce
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
941 Posts

Profile of Aus
Great Talk Ray I earned a lot, I already had a show structure that I use but but after watching this I have another one to try out. On recollection of other performances of great magicians I see a lot of your points highlighted in their shows. I'm taking many notes.

Magically

Aus
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8671 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have always appreciated and benefited from every one of your posts on the Café. This did not disappoint! Rather, I was enthralled to have my expectations surpassed.

Had I seen this back when I was a teenager it would have influenced many decisions I made with regards to performance magic.
These thoughts certainly would have made me more content with those decisions -- even now.

Of course, since I learned many of these things over time from "the rough and tumble of the market place," I am perhaps a better person for that;
but I may have been more gentle with myself in the process. I decided not to pursue a career as a performing magician. You have validated my instincts.
Instead I chose to use my knowledge of magic to help people in other way -- performing "other than for entertainment." Your thoughts still apply.
Your early presented ideas about professionalism may help many confused about their future in/with magic.

Others who view this may find the focus to make the decision to proceed -- or change their life plan. It is all good!

In short, every person on the planet would benefit from listening to your thoughts. Most will not invest the time. Some will not find anything that makes sense in their world.
A few will watch it again and again to insure they did not miss something -- finding within themselves a truth prompted by your seed.

Not to say that I agree with all that you say ... Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2384 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2020, funsway wrote:
In short, every person on the planet would benefit from listening to your thoughts. Most will not invest the time. Some will not find anything that makes sense in their world.
A few will watch it again and again to insure they did not miss something -- finding within themselves a truth prompted by your seed.

Not to say that I agree with all that you say ... Smile

I always respect your thoughts and I appreciate you taking the time to watch all of my ramblings!

I totally agree that it is not for everyone... in fact, it was more like a buffet offering. Just brows for anything you might find useful. I will never say that anything I do is "the" way... only "a" way to do things. If it resonates in any way, I hope it will be useful!

Thanks again, - Ray
Ray Pierce
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
311 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
I finally had a chance to watch this, have watched it twice, and will watch several more times. Jam packed with great information.
Luke Wolf
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Luke Wolf
This is what magic should look like.... Thanks Ray!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Show Structure and Creativity Workshop (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL