We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 563: Ryan Kane - Out of Stock (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
978 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
This week we have a Skype chat with San Francisco street magician, Ryan Kane. The main point of our conversation has to do with re-writing your script for your act/show. Ryan talks about the steps to identify, eliminate and replace the "hack" or "stock" lines in your presentation. Moreover, it is a mindset to consciously think about what you say and how you react to our audience when certain opportunities arise and you are otherwise quick to reply with a clever (yet hackneyed) retort. There is a lot of food for thought in this week's episode.

You can listen wherever you get your podcasts. But for more content including videos and photos, then visit the website at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......yan-kane And of course, you can enter the contest for a chance to win one of two prizes offered by Marc DeSouza from last week's episode. But hurry and enter today. This contest ends this week.

And be sure to sign up for the weekly podletter so you don't miss another opportunity to be among the first to enter future contests.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Hello Scott: came across Ryan's book on Amazon. Have you read it? Any more information than your podcast?
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
978 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2020, Bruce T wrote:
Hello Scott: came across Ryan's book on Amazon. Have you read it? Any more information than your podcast?

Hello, Bruce, thank you for your request. Typically the author sends me an advance copy to read before we record a chat or at least he/she might offer a copy after our conversation. And at the least they usually offer online or physical copies as prizes to listeners. This was not the case with Ryan. I do not have a copy nor have I read it, so I cannot recommend it from my personal reading experience. I felt that what he had to offer was valid and worthwhile and important to my listeners whether or not I had read it. I can only pass on the recommendations that he has posted as testimonials from those who have read it:

Ken Weber says of the book "It's clear - I'll be recommending this book frequently."

Colin McLeod writes "If you guys are looking to freshen up your material right now and get rid of all the hack lines you use, I cannot recommend this enough."

Christopher Carter writes "I'll be re-reading and working with it for quite some time. Are you an entertainer? Get it. Get it now!"
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Hey Scott:
Thank you
Stay well, safe and sane
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 563: Ryan Kane - Out of Stock (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL