The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Think of a Card Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
129 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
I am looking for a method that is relatively easy to do which results in divining a thought of card.

My idea is that a card is selected from the deck after a person thinks of one.
(ie: Spectator pulls it out of the deck fairly and then returns it to deck -- only to have it revealed after a bit of byplay.)

Does anyone have thoughts on how this could be accomplished without too much sleight of hand? (I suffer from a bit of arthritis)

I have a patter and reveal in mind -

Thanks for any help.
Mike the Magician
Nev Blenk
View Profile
New user
Northumberland UK
47 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Hello Mike - forgive me I'm not 100% sure if you want the card merly 'thought of' or chosen from the deck then looked at by the spectator before being returned.
If it is the latter then a marked deck would work. I use a marked deck quite often. I can PM you my thoughts.

Cheers
Nev
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
640 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Use a bottom or top key card, or if you can do a double undercut or any other easy control to top or bottom. Then have the spec concentrate on his card as you look through the deck and see it.
Andrew Aspen
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Andrew Aspen
White Room by Ran Pink is fantastic.
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
129 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Thank you all!
Mike the Magician
John7
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of John7
You might like the latest release at Trickshop - Jack Yates Ingenious. Genuine think of any card. There are a couple of dealing sequences but the potential benefits (I think) more than make up for it. You could start it from a spectator shuffled deck (with very little effort) and at the end you could either just name the card or you could hand the deck to the spectator and ask them to remove their card. They will find that it's the only card missing from the deck and then you could produce it from your pocket. The two dealing sequences can be done quickly (since you do them rather than the spectator) and they don't seem to give any clue as to the method - in fact they would probably make the spectator more confused.

https://trickshop.com/ingenious-jack-yates.html
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6487 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Barrie Richardson.
thekillingjoke33
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of thekillingjoke33
Reputation maker is a great project by harry robson and Matthew Wright.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4828 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Emotional Reaction" by Vernon is exactly what you want.
Gennovense
View Profile
New user
Santiago
43 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
AK-47 by John Bannon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Think of a Card Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL