The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic in the new normal (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1127 Posts

Profile of imgic
The value of the mask is NOT to protect the person wearing it from contracting COVID. For that you need a respirator like an N-95 mask.

The value of wearing a mask is protecting others...in preventing the spread of the disease.

Here's link to good article on masks from University of California, and it has links within to other studies. Though I realize in times like these people will decry it or rebut with links of their own.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906......-prevent
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2020, Count Hatrick wrote:
Thanks Dannydoyle - made me smile.

I still think the important question for us performers is what would make our audience feel OK. If you're in a space where face masks are expected, then you should wear one whether effective or not. It's not about us, it's about the Audience.

I just get so tired of these stupid debates. Everyone searches for things that prove beyond doubt they are right and then take a morally superior position and call everyone else dumb names like Anti Vaxers if they dare to disagree or even worse think for themselves.

Meanwhile NOT ONE person has ever actually changed their mind because of one of these stupid threads!

This section actually used to be relatively free from all that bs and I don't see any reason to bring that nonsense here. It is nothing but toxic nonsense.

Hi Danny, I agree that everyone tries to prove themselves right, including yourself. You also take a morally superior position, using the words "dumb names" and "stupid threads".
I agree that debates don't change people's minds. I have watched debates between "Anti-vaxxers" and "Science Guys" (stupid names as you say, but descriptive enough) and both sides have their indisputable facts and proofs which they will not give up.
As you say, people have to think for themselves.
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2020, imgic wrote:
The value of the mask is NOT to protect the person wearing it from contracting COVID. For that you need a respirator like an N-95 mask.

The value of wearing a mask is protecting others...in preventing the spread of the disease.

Here's link to good article on masks from University of California, and it has links within to other studies. Though I realize in times like these people will decry it or rebut with links of their own.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906......-prevent

Thanks for the link, Imgic. I found it very informative.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2996 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:

The Kung Flu has a survival rate of 99.4%

It's only dangerous for .06% of people.

If you believe everything you hear on TV you are in serious trouble.

Furthermore, mandatory masks are idiotic!

There is so much more medical damage that is caused by this virus than is reflected in the death rate:

https://boingboing.net/2020/07/13/how-ca......n=buffer
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20264 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Here is my question. It is serious.

What if we're living in a world where this oh so scary virus is here to stay, AND there is nothing we can do about it EXCEPT heard immunity?

Do you plan to hide in your cave until it is 100% safe for 100% of the population? What if heard immunity isn't going to happen? What do you propose to do about it? Live in fear?

Life is a risk for me. I accept those risks. I'm not willing to live in constant fear because the media tells me to.

I'm not saying masks work or don't. I'm sick of being lied to by every media outlet of every opinion. I'm tired of being lied to by government officials entrusted with safety.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic in the new normal (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL