We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Help recognizing a trick with numbers written on backs of cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

liormk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of liormk
Hi everyone,
while sorting my decks of cards I came across a box with two decks in it.
One deck is unchanged, while the other has numbers from 1 to 52 written on the cards' backs.
For the life of me I can't remember which trick I made it for (it was years ago), but I'm pretty sure it's a self-worker.
Anyone has an idea of a trick that matches this?

Thanks,
Lior.
liormk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of liormk
I think I finally found it - Cameron Francis' Convergence.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I like the variation which has the first names of people written on the backs of cards - all different - and the face-up card chosen by the spectator is turned over to reveal that he or she selected a card with his or her first name written on it. It's more personal than just numbers.
liormk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of liormk
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2020, jimgerrish wrote:
I like the variation which has the first names of people written on the backs of cards - all different - and the face-up card chosen by the spectator is turned over to reveal that he or she selected a card with his or her first name written on it. It's more personal than just numbers.

Is that a variant of convergence or a whole other effect? I don't think I've seen it.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You make it yourself, either with just a single deck of cards, or if you want to do a switch and show all normal cards both sides, add a second deck.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1578 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
There's a couple of performances of Convergence by Cameron Francis himself here:

qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
656 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Not really easy to follow for me...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Help recognizing a trick with numbers written on backs of cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL