The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Billets for the Modern Mindreader by Julien Losa (67 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
92 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2020, 252life wrote:
I’d recommend getting ahold of Switch as well. Everything I’ve seen from Julien so far is great.

Just seeing this message now, that's very kind, thank you !! 😊
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
I just watched the Julien's billet work.

I have to say, it's wonderful. Why? Because it's simple, you don't need any cover, it goes straight to the point.

Julien teach the move with differents angles and variations.

Too bad for me I have Hairs.
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
92 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, dedikc wrote:
I just watched the Julien's billet work.

I have to say, it's wonderful. Why? Because it's simple, you don't need any cover, it goes straight to the point.

Julien teach the move with differents angles and variations.

Too bad for me I have Hairs.

Thank you !!!
And to be honest : there are moves you can't do when you still have hair. Especially GRAY hairs. 😁😏😘
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
92 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Hello ! a quick update : it's up on Lybrary for those who prefer to buy through Lybrary ! Smile

Best,
Julien
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
92 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Hello !
If there's anyone interested, the volume 2 of "Billets for the Modern Mindreader" is on Penguin ! https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/16596
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Having experienced Julien's early work, I'm sure there will be killer stuff inside this new download.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Looking forward to it!
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
There is very little information on the actual content of the project so let me tease you with a list of my favorite things (in part because I gave Julien one of my babies so I'd rather make sure that you are properly teased):

I gave him the authorization to teach my "billet chi" routine. This is, for me and my particular performing goals, the holy grail of billets predictions:
- it is fully impromptu (you can openly borrow their business cards and perform using just the cards you borrowed, you start clean and end clean)
- you can predict anything at the spur of the moment (you greet the person on stage, discover that they love books: great you can predict their favorite book)
- it requires no force, no NW, no PW: just borrowed billets and something to write with
- you can do it at any scale (close-up, parlour, stage... as long as you can write on paper)
- it is dead simple to perform (I can switch billets but I am not in the same league as Julian)
I have spend literal years searching for a routine that would do all those things, take good care of it (my only nitpick is that the presentation shown in the video, admitedly not his professional presentation, is not the best possible... let me just say that you can make the first choice hit much harder and remove the need for a transfer by using another switch).

He teaches his take on the three billet test (inpired by Annemann but think Bob Cassidy's fourth dimensional telepathy done without enveloppes, fully impromptu and with borrowed material if you so desire). All great billet workers have developped a version of this effect (if I had to perform a single billet routine on stage this would be it), Julien's version is good. The "maybe this will replace my name&place because it plays bigger" kind of good. Enough said.

He also teaches his unfolding-folding switch sequence which is a thing of beauty: both invisible (there is nothing to see nor any visual compromise), very accesible (I am willing to bet money that you will be able to do it in public within a week) and useful (it goes with one-ahead routines like peanut butter and jelly).
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
As with any of Julien’s material (both created and curated) I never hesitate. The man puts all of this material through the ringer and dissects every moment to make sure it is as clear and specific as it can be…..i.e. - invisible.

Can’t wait to tear into this new offering.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I bought Volume 1 and really enjoyed it, love Julien's thinking and casual approach. Bought Volume 2 last night, just had a chance to watch it and have to say that Nester D isn't overseeing his effect, Billet Chi - think it's terrific. Direct, simple, and ends with a big punch!! Nice work!
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
So do you need to buy Volume 1 to be able to perform the routines in Volume 2?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
No, you don't. Each is self contained.

Side Note: Thanks, Julien, for pointing out the card stock you use. Placed an order on Amazon!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lads how's the form? About to purchase the two volumes and looking forward to it. Just a quick one - any chance someone could point me towards the cardstock used so I can order that as well while I'm at it.

Cheers!

Pete
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
92 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Hello guys !
OMG, thank you SO MUCH for the feedback !! Really appreciate !! <3
And thanks again to Nestor for allowing to teach his amazing routine !! Feel free to leave a review on penguin as well, it really helps ! Smile

@Pete Legend : as for the cardstock I'm using, I'm currently using simple Bristol cut (in the video project that's what I'm using), but usually (when I have my normal job... on ships... Freakin' Covid.) I usually order these : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NYCGHQC/ref......REHB8RAV

They're great, good size (at least for my hands), perfect for switches AND center tears (my fav : T-rex), definitely myt fav...! but outside the US it might be a bit pricey to get them ! (hence the Bristol Smile )

Cheers ! and thank you again for the positive feedback ! <3

best,
Julien
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Perfect! Thanks very much Julien - much appreciated!

Cheers!
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
I really liked this video.

Thanks

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
mobileman
View Profile
New user
India
80 Posts

Profile of mobileman
I brought both volumes, coz I need to add one, just one billet move in ma new show. but as a beginner in billets, ( I only did , switch, and used W envelops in past) what is the or should the size of billets?? and what GSM is best??? if getting answers for those, I can try few moves from videos, to select just or or two.

any help possible please?? coz, I tried with my bis card and paper, I am unable to S... open Smile
mobileman
View Profile
New user
India
80 Posts

Profile of mobileman
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
No, you don't. Each is self contained.

Side Note: Thanks, Julien, for pointing out the card stock you use. Placed an order on Amazon!

Respected,
oh its my fault, coz, in all instructions videos, the first few minutes we get the prop details, so while watching the vol one, I stopped in middle, but now I can understand. thanking you so much. it seems, without this message, I could check the last part of the video

thanking you all. let me too try something

and special thanks to Julien Losa for mentioning the link in pdf too. all set.

best
JulienLosa
View Profile
New user
France
92 Posts

Profile of JulienLosa
Hello !

Thank you Helder ! Really appreciated !
You're welcome mobileman !!

Best,
Julien
trebeseer
View Profile
New user
S FL
53 Posts

Profile of trebeseer
Do any of these techniques require you to hold or manipulate a stack of cards? I prefer not needing to hold a stack. Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Billets for the Modern Mindreader by Julien Losa (67 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL