The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Broken Deck by Cody Fisher (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3693 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Has anyone any insight into Cody's Broken Deck. Looks like it could be a good investment @ $75 but would appreciate comments from anyone who has seen it performed or has it.

Easy To Perform / No Sleight Of Hand
Perfect For Kids Or Adults
Packs Small / Plays Big
Can Be Used For Close Up Or Stage
A Logical Routine That Justifies The Props
Special Deck Does All The Work
High Quality Machine Cut Jumbo Bicycle Cards (4.5 inches x 7.0 inches)
Each Card Is Treated With The Best Re-Positional Glue On The Market
Perform Without Worries As The Cards Will Only Separate When You Need Them To
Comes Complete With Word-For-Word Comedy Script, Staging Notes, & Music Cues
A Sold 10-Minute Performance Piece From A Full Time Working Professional

The full details are here,

https://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6574 Posts

Profile of RNK
I got this about a month ago and have not used it in a performance yet but I can guarantee that I will use it in my next parlor/stage show. It's awesome. I am finding pretty much everything from Cody is awesome.

RNK
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3693 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks RNK for taking the time to reply. Yes, Cody puts out some gems. It certainly sounds like it is a worth while investment.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4454 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have it. Cody’s stuff is always good if you can live with the prices which are usually 50% more than you would expect. Nothing really new here other than the cut of the cards but seems well made.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3693 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Eric.
Yes I imagined the routine itself follows somewhat with the original outcome, the cut of the cards being the difference which would make the handling easier. However, my main interest was if the comedy played well and worked. The scripting and pace of the routine is what would be worth it to me.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4454 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Every time someone says, “all the jokes and patter included” I cringe because in 30 yrs I’ve yet to see that pan out. The jokes are typically canned/lame. So don’t expect any magical patter with comedy gold jokes. Patter is up to the individual performer.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Is this identical to the McCombical Deck?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2020, Bruce T wrote:
Is this identical to the McCombical Deck?

The cards for the Broken Deck can be dropped and you will not have to worry about them separating! The deck is prepared perfectly.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Appreciate the swift response - thank you
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2020, Bruce T wrote:
Appreciate the swift response - thank you

Most welcome. I also love that the cards are not cut (Broken) strait across and are W shaped instead! Adds a little more character to the deck.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey guys,

I still have some Broken Decks for sale if anyone is interested. To answer the questions, this is not anything like "McCombical Deck". This is more closely related to the "Split Deck". I have used the standard split deck for years...always a good packs flat, plays big stand up piece. Also great for MC work or any event where you need to get up two people from the audience. So this works well for corporate (seeing how two heads of different departments communicate) or for family shows...husband / wife...brother / sister...parent / child. It can be played any number of ways.

I always loved the split deck...but hated how it "looked" and how awkward the cards were to handle. So I created The Broken Deck...a deck that has a jagged cut down the horizontal middle. The cut looks more realistic and also makes the cards easier to handle. Also since these cards are not held together with roughing spray, you can handle the deck more freely.

Like with all my releases I include a full word-for-word script, I discuss blocking / staging, I indicate possible funny moments in the routine, and I even discuss the music I use for walk on / walk off pieces. I wanted to give as much information as I possibly could. When you purchase a normal jumbo split deck they are about $25-$35 dollars and they come with barely a half a page of instructions. When you purchase an item from me, you are getting YEARS of experience and a quality product. I realize that some of you will not want any of that...you just want the prop! Well experience in this business has taught me that MOST of my customers prefer the detail and care that I place in my releases. You may not "end up" performing the trick exactly like I do...but at least I am giving you a very strong starting point that you can use to get you going on your journey of discovery.

Finally concerning price...I am unclear how anyone can say that I should be charging "X" amount or that my price is "X" amount higher than it should be. In order to make these bold claims you would need to have access to my costs. How many jumbo decks did I have to order to make this project happen? How many prototypes were made in the process? How much did I spend on each prototype? How much did the custom cutter cost for this very specific looking prop? How much did the design of the ad logo cost me? Shipping? Packaging? Assembly? I am not sure how anyone other than myself can more accurately put a price on this product.

Bottom line...If you want a $30.00 generic jumbo split deck with very minimal instructions...google is your friend. If you want a unique product with excellent customer service and support you know where to find me guys...Anyone is fee to contact me at any time...I am always happy to help my customers!

Thanks so much and as always I sincerely appreciate your support!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well stated Cody. I can attest to Cody's outstanding customer service. I ordered a fair amount of his material in these past 4 months or so and I am thoroughly pleased with not just the products but with Cody and his business practices. Definitely one of the most stand up guys I have purchased from!

RNK
fooloffun
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of fooloffun
Is this ok to learn for beginners?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4454 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Yes. Very easy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Broken Deck by Cody Fisher (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL