The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A trick involving words and cards, "Deck-tionary" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CrashRocks1419
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of CrashRocks1419
This is an idea for a trick I've had for a long time, and I was thinking about ways to make it a reality.

The premise is that you have a full deck of 52 cards, with a random four-letter word written on all of them. All the words are different, and so are the cards. You hand the spectator a list of all the words, and ask them to pick one and write it down (e.g. POST). At the same time, you ask them to name any card they want (e.g. Jack of Diamonds). After they've done that, you go through the deck face-down and find the card that says POST. When you flip it over, it's magically the Jack of Diamonds.

But that's not all! You tell the spectator that the truth is, the trick was rigged from the start. You flip over the cards, and ALL of the cards have changed to the chosen card. Then you flip it over one more time, and all the cards have changed to the chosen word. The cards can be handed out for examination.

I'm sure that the first part is simple enough to do, but the second part is what really interests me. I'm not even sure of a surefire way to do this trick, but if there is then in my opinion, that'd be a pretty good seller. What do you all think?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » A trick involving words and cards, "Deck-tionary" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL