The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elvis Peek (164 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2020, TonyBrand wrote:
Bill was kind enough to share the method and handling for The Elvis Peek with me a few days ago. I just had a chance to review the instructions and wanted to post my thoughts.

First off, I wanted to mention that this is the first exposure I've had to Bill's material, so I didn't quite know what to expect. I already have a number of peeks in my rotation, some of which I use more often than others. Having said that, I'm always on the lookout for the "holy grail" of peeks, so I was more than happy to look this over.

Based on Bill's initial post, I knew this wasn't going to be an entirely new method per se, but rather a combination of a few classic principles. Is it what I expected? Well, yes and no. While I was familiar with the core methods, I had never seen them used together to form a business card/billet peek. I know this phrase is way overused in mentalism and magic reviews, but I definitely had one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments after learning the method.

I absolutely love the method behind The Elvis Peek. It is very simple to perform and leaves little room for error. This, of course, allows you to focus on your presentation and not worry about a possible misstep when performing. Is this something I will use? Absolutely. While there is some DIY involved (and I hesitate even calling it that because it's very minimal), it's something that can be done in seconds and is quite simple. More than the method itself, I really enjoyed The Elvis Peek because it spawned some other ideas that can be applied to peeks. I'll admit that I'm addicted to peeks. Like Bill, I have/had a number of peek wallets over time and also experimented with CTs. I still think peek wallets and CTs have their place, but it's always advantageous to have other methods at your disposal.

I don't think I would personally use the handling provided, but that's not to say that others shouldn't or that the handling isn't solid. I'm sure it works very well for Bill. Without tipping anything, I think the handling shown has a little too much going on and I prefer to keep things simple. Regardless, I highly recommend The Elvis Peek (TEP? Bubba Ho-TEP?? Did I crack the code???) to anyone who is looking for an extremely easy to master full billet peek that requires nothing but your business cards or blank billets.

Kudos to Stunniger for coming up with The Elvis Peek. I look forward to seeing more of his creations in the future.

Tony, thank you very much for your thoughtful and detailed review! I really appreciate it. Glad to see you are thinking about using the core methods in different ways. When I developed The Elvis Peek I came up with multiple handlings. The video shows only one of those. So there are lots of different ways to structure the handling, including some with fewer steps. I might make a second video showing reverse Elvis.

Thank you again for your your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Bill
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Thank you Bill my PC been down for a few days now but glad its back to receive The Elvis Peek I am aware of the handling but the way you perform it sir has put a new spin on it,love and get's my vote my friend, excellent
all the best
Shane
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2020, Fire Starter wrote:
Thank you Bill my PC been down for a few days now but glad its back to receive The Elvis Peek I am aware of the handling but the way you perform it sir has put a new spin on it,love and get's my vote my friend, excellent
all the best
Shane

Shane, thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts! I very much appreciate it. Glad you are enjoying the peek!

Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
‘Reverse Elvis’ has been sent out to a handful of mind readers. Overall, feedback has been quite positive. Some prefer Elvis. Others Reverse. I like to think of both as different tools in the toolbox to select from as needed.

Delighted that some have written me with their ideas for streamlining the handling and reducing the steps in the process. Keep up the great work!

Bill
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Bill was kind enough to send me Reverse Elvis. I’m a fan of both but think I’m leaning towards R Elvis. It cuts down the one time prep from an ungodly 5 seconds to about 2 Smile
This allows for what has to be one of the longest p@@ks out. Picture, words, short stories, bad handwriting or orientation...no problem, you’ll have all the time you need. You’re justified for looking where you need to for as long as necessary.
I can see where some may lean towards original Elvis as well. Set up original Elvis and a few extra biz cards and go either way. This is typical Stunninger. This is the result of high level thinking marrying the KISS principle.
If Bills work was compiled into a book it would sit proudly on the top shelf where it deserves to be.
No bells and whistles but if you want solid, direct, and easily usable jump all over this if you can.
All ten of my thumbs up, highest recommendations.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I may have missed something -- but what is Reverse Elvis?

Also is the original Elvis Peek available and I missed it, or is it still being prepped for release?

Thanks! Looking forward to this.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2020, 252life wrote:
Bill was kind enough to send me Reverse Elvis. I’m a fan of both but think I’m leaning towards R Elvis. It cuts down the one time prep from an ungodly 5 seconds to about 2 Smile
This allows for what has to be one of the longest p@@ks out. Picture, words, short stories, bad handwriting or orientation...no problem, you’ll have all the time you need. You’re justified for looking where you need to for as long as necessary.
I can see where some may lean towards original Elvis as well. Set up original Elvis and a few extra biz cards and go either way. This is typical Stunninger. This is the result of high level thinking marrying the KISS principle.
If Bills work was compiled into a book it would sit proudly on the top shelf where it deserves to be.
No bells and whistles but if you want solid, direct, and easily usable jump all over this if you can.
All ten of my thumbs up, highest recommendations.

252life, thank you very much for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it! Thank you also for the all of the insights and suggestions you have sent me. Wonderful 😀
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2020, no2ss wrote:
I may have missed something -- but what is Reverse Elvis?

Also is the original Elvis Peek available and I missed it, or is it still being prepped for release?

Thanks! Looking forward to this.

Thanks for your interest! The Elvis Peek uses one well established magic principle. Reverse Elvis uses the opposite principle.

Bill
P.Jane
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of P.Jane
When will this be available for purchase?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, P.Jane wrote:
When will this be available for purchase?

Thanks for your interest! In addition to the original Elvis Peek, and Reverse Elvis, I’m thinking about adding a third handling: Skinny Elvis. And then releasing it.
P.Jane
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of P.Jane
Cool! Count me in when you release it! Smile
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I have had the privilege of seeing the two Elvis Peeks that Stunninger had released so far and from a viewpoint of someone who
has not done a lot of mentalism I will say that these are effects well within the reach of anyone wanting to put a little time
in. Reverse Elvis would be my prefered of the two as the setup is oh so simple and every move is easy and justified. Setup is
minimal. The peek is a long one and the angles are good. The original Elvis Peek has its merits too and has been well discussed
earlier in the thread.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
I would love to see this as well!
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
ATXTimeLord
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ATXTimeLord
I'm interested in this as well.. Throwing money at the monitor didn't do anything except dent the monitor .. Smile

mG
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2020, ATXTimeLord wrote:
I'm interested in this as well.. Throwing money at the monitor didn't do anything except dent the monitor .. Smile

mG

You’re not supposed to throw change Stunninger only accepts folding $$ lol Smile

-Theodore Annemann
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Having read the Elvis Peek and Reverse Peek a further idea occurred which I sent to Bill. This is certainly a versatile release - so much so that it is a case of choosing which version suits you best. It is a delight to play about with and equally to perform.

A very solid release and I particularly like the way the peek is in no way rushed and so easily obtained.

Neil
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Barry, 252life, m.o.pfeil, NeilS, thank you very much for your thoughts!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Skinny Elvis, a short video with an alternative handling, is going out to a handful of trusted mind readers soon!
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
So we have 7 pages of comments so far, for an effect that hasn't yet been released! Bravo Stunninger, you've played the system and publicized your effect brilliantly. But personally, I'm tired of reading page after page of gushing comments from select insiders you sent copies to. I keep revisiting this thread in hopes of learning how and when to purchase, or read reviews from people who actually purchased this thing. But I'm still disappointed every time. For example, my visit today told me that "Skinny Elvis" is being sent to the insiders, which means we can look forward to yet another 3 pages of comments for an effect the vast majority of us can't (yet) access. Stunninger, I'm one of your biggest fans but haven't you taken this too far...?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Did you PM him Johnathan? He’s one of the most accessible and nice guys around this joint Smile

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Elvis Peek (164 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL