The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..31..32~33~34 [Next]
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
While I quit counting years ago, I did want this specific post be in support of what you are doing with magic. When I hit 10,000 I will post on your site also.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
The very best are the ones that can do it all...And with that this is still one of the very best coin routines I've ever seen, from one of the very best closeup men anywhere, it's got a little bit of everything in it, and I do mean "everything"... Smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfHaNhBJXe0
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
jpelzel
View Profile
New user
Texas
4 Posts

Profile of jpelzel
MB .. been following your posts and performances for years .. and I have to agree with so many before me .. your willingness to help, answer questions, and give PRACTICAL answers and suggestions are greatly appreciated !! There is so much that can distract us from the joy of magic .. but you seem to pull us all back to a safe place !! Thanks for all you do and all the support that you provide !!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you jp for those very kind words. 🙏🏽 I’m very happy to have been of some help to folks as to the art. And speaking of “practical,” well I experienced that in a really fun way all this summer. 😊

Y’see, we babysat my grandson all summer and took him to our town park nearly everyday to work off some of his 3yr old energy. 😁 We got to know quite a few of the
little kids there, and I decided to try a little magic and it became an everyday request from the little ones, and even the parents.😁

I had to keep things short for their attention spans, as I was competing with the wonderful playground and fun water sprinkler, but found an organic way to memorably amaze them. I would ask them to simply pick up a stick or small tree limb off the ground (which they regularly do anyway), 😁 and we used that as a magic wand. I’d take out a big silver dollar that would always catch their eye, place the coin in my left hand and take the stick, errrrrr I mean magic wand, and wave it around my hand 3 times and then with a tap, the big coin was gone. Ooohs & ahhhs with big eyes was always the response, even from the parents, who I would always tell up front with a smile & a wink, “This only works on children” (Children of all ages, little did they know.) 😁

Now, I let the kids be the magician and after showing that the coin is completely gone, I let them take the stick, errrrrrr I mean magic wand 😁 and wave it 3 times around my empty closed fist and give it a tap as I did. Then I slowly open my hand to show that they have magically made the big coin reappear. Their mouths drop, and so do their parent’s. 😉 They look at the stick they had found on the ground with wonder, and I tell them to keep it and remember the great magic it has. Every child over this summer took it with them with awe, and remembered me every time they came back to the park…My grandson had lots of friends to play with all summer, thanks to some old sticks and a little magic that we all did together again & again. 😊

And again, thank you jp. 😊

“…To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
Thank you jp for those very kind words. 🙏🏽 I’m very happy to have been of some help to folks as to the art. And speaking of “practical,” well I experienced that in a really fun way all this summer. 😊

Y’see, we babysat my grandson all summer and took him to our town park nearly everyday to work off some of his 3yr old energy. 😁 We got to know quite a few of the
little kids there, and I decided to try a little magic and it became an everyday request from the little ones, and even the parents.😁

I had to keep things short for their attention spans, as I was competing with the wonderful playground and fun water sprinkler, but found an organic way to memorably amaze them. I would ask them to simply pick up a stick or small tree limb off the ground (which they regularly do anyway), 😁 and we used that as a magic wand. I’d take out a big silver dollar that would always catch their eye, place the coin in my left hand and take the stick, errrrrr I mean magic wand, and wave it around my hand 3 times and then with a tap, the big coin was gone. Ooohs & ahhhs with big eyes was always the response, even from the parents, who I would always tell up front with a smile & a wink, “This only works on children” (Children of all ages, little did they know.) 😁

Now, I let the kids be the magician and after showing that the coin is completely gone, I let them take the stick, errrrrrr I mean magic wand 😁 and wave it 3 times around my empty closed fist and give it a tap as I did. Then I slowly open my hand to show that they have magically made the big coin reappear. Their mouths drop, and so do their parent’s. 😉 They look at the stick they had found on the ground with wonder, and I tell them to keep it and remember the great magic it has. Every child over this summer took it with them with awe, and remembered me every time they came back to the park…My grandson had lots of friends to play with all summer, thanks to some old sticks and a little magic that we all did together again & again. 😊

And again, thank you jp. 😊

“…To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you for sharing the story.
Some people wonder if, as magicians, we are jaded to the magic tricks... It is with reactions like those you shared... THAT is the true magic.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks, my friend...And yes, it don't take much, just the right stuff at the right time. Smile

...I remember long ago first meeting this guy and he showed me the simplicity of what a single move could do with a little creativity...And he showed this to me in real time as we sat at a table in the middle of a motel restaurant as he amazed everyone around us...completely surrounded. And I see he keeps taking it more & more down the road of his unique style of magic...Nice touch! Smile

www.facebook.com/100000841167119/videos/524084222194143/

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Hey big guy! Missed you brother!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2021, rannie wrote:
Hey big guy! Missed you brother!

I think everyone missed you BOSS!!
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Ran my Man, so good to hear from you old friend. Heard you have been busy doing lot's of interesting things, home & away. Proud of you brother. How's the magic been going for you? Im sure you still have it all at the ready when the time is right. Smile

If any of you out there haven't heard of Rannie's magic, you should check him out, he's really good at that and many other things as well. An amazing individual, way beyond the magic. Smile

https://youtu.be/Xh3IjqxVoW0

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you, Morie for the PM of kind words about my website and particularly my NEW Mini Magic Book, it does have a bit of everything to it. 😁

And I’m glad that, as admittedly mostly a card guy, you are playing around with the coin trick as I present it. I have found that it is as good a coin trick as the best of them out there. A little added clever play to it here shines it up quite a bit, and gives you a bright new way as to an old road that is at the very core of any good coin magic. Happy to hear that folks are finding it interesting & fun to do. And of course, there’s other stuff in the little book to play with as good companions for “Pa’s Famous 3 Coin Trick.” 😊

https://mb217magic.gumroad.com/#bUljP

And again, thank you. 🙏🏽

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I always enjoy showing not just my magic but the magic of others and the greater “all” of us, especially when it comes to some that have really excelled, and in this case right from this very forum. He really took his magic over the moon and back, right before our very eyes here. I knew he was just that good when I first saw him and I told everyone I could here of his budding prowess, and he has proven again & again that he is indeed one of the very best.

There’s no one else quite like him as to style & presentation. Still proud to call him a friend, and thankful for all the wonderful magic he has shared…😊

https://youtu.be/dnzS-GZUpbk

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for all the recurring traffic at my website, I try to update it with different things of interest... Smile

Oh, and can't forget about this guy, a tremendously clever, champion of a closeup man that can work the coins as well as any of the best. You don't hear his name much, but he is something else to watch work. I remember the first time I saw him... WOW! Smile

https://youtu.be/JcyjYVpsyas?t=37

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Mark, glad that you are having so much fun with my “Pa’s Famous 3 Coin Trick” from my latest, Little Magic Book. I was inspired by a variety of moves from different takes on the old effect, and with a few of my own thrown in for good measure, came up with a another good turn to it, with even more fair openness to the displays. 😉

It really is a wonderful coin trick, as good a trick as ever a good trick there was. 😁 So interactive, and just fun to learn & do.

Here is one of the inspirations for my take on it, created by another wonderful old closeup guy that you don’t hear much about any more…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=asutRJZ9rBo

Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
Hey Marion, it's been a while. It's good to see you again. This evening I was reminded how fantastic your routines are when I forwarded a link to one of your performance videos to a friend (who was blown away, by the way).

I've neglected my coin practice recently. Not completely - I've still been working through some moves from time to time - but events have distracted me from my usual routine. I think it's now time I returned to your stuff (and Tyler's), with more focus once again. It really is some of the best stuff out there.

Thanks buddy, it's good to be back.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hiya Kong, yes, long time my friend. And thanks for these really big & kind words as to my work.😊 So happy that folks continue to find my routines worthwhile and fun. I still play with a lot of them myself and glad to know that others do to. 😁

And while I’m no such great & powerful Oz, I’m happy to have made a spark or two here & there along my journey, and to have shared it with so many others as I went. So glad your friend enjoyed my magic, so glad you still do, too. 🙏🏽

And it’s good to always come back home to this stuff again & again, it’s always so welcoming and strangely just as much fun. 😊

*Hey, how about a little magic for old times sake.. Enjoy! 😉

https://youtu.be/iG6nWQwUt3k

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
And while I’m no such great & powerful Oz, I’m happy to have made a spark or two here & there along my journey...

You are truly one of the GREATS, and I salute you, my friend! Smile

Doug
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Doug, you are too kind, my friend. ☺️ Thank you and I’ve purposely made my magic easy to follow so that it could be attainable by most with some practice. Happy to see that folks have supported my works all these years, that it makes good sense towards some doable, on-the-spot coin magic. 😊

Thought people had forgotten about it, but here’s one I just reposted on my website after a real long while now…

https://mb217magic.gumroad.com/l/jIWXv

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for remembering, Bob. 😊

Yes, I came up with several ways to ramp up classic effects using the Crimp Change by way of a most deceptive suite of sleights. These moves have served me and many people well, and allowed me to use more than just coins in a magical way to show a miraculous change of a coin to an incredible object. 😉

Here’s the example Bob reminded me of…

Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Has been a long time since I visited the Coin Magic section at the Café. I noticed this posting and wanted to say a few words.

I got and learned several of Marion's coin routine downloads during the years. He is on the top of my list of Coin Magic creators and gifted performers. He is a good friend to all in the Café, and always ready to lend a hand or give sound advice.

Whether you are new or experienced in Coin Magic I really recommend visiting his website and taking a look at all his offerings. You will gain a lot learning the coin routines and secrets so well explained by a skillful coin master.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bambu…Truly appreciate all the kind words here about my magic. 😀

Another friend mentioned to me about the simplicity in my takes on magic, and used this as an example…an old effect I used to do around the office, and at company parties. 😊 It always made the ladies jump with joy. Nothing difficult, but when presented so cleanly and openly, it’s just hard not to believe in the absolute unbelievable…😉

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..31..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL