The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11..16..21..26..31..32~33~34 [Next]
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
"Ike and Mikes Revenge" is one of my favorites.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks again guys, Ike & Mike first appeared in my Short Pockets download as a practice trick, but it evolved to be able to stand on it's own as a really nice coin effect. I've received a great deal of PMs and emails as to it. It was always aimed at building basic skills into greater & greater magic. It's just 2 coins, but really so much more. Smile

And while I'm at it here, I just want to mention how important it is to mix in other things with your coin work. While coins are my favorite part of magic, variety is what helps make you a better overall closeup man. I mix the coins in with other things and the specs are always take by surprise, as I veer left & right on a real roller coaster ride. SmileThe coins are the stars of the show, most times open & close, but the jelly in the middle is the variety of other things. That's why in some of my magic I have included little card effects I've thought of. And during these quarantine situations, with so much time on my hands over the many months now, well, let's say it wasn't all coins... Smile

It's helped a decent-at-best coin guy like myself, look like a pretty darn good card (and better all-around closeup) man as well. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2020, stevie c wrote:
Nice MB. Is it a similar level of difficulty?

Cheers

Steve

Oh, and stevie, my friend… “Ike & Mike” is not difficult at all, but it does take some practice to use the moves deceptively as you see me play around with it here. I used to do this on the fly for people all around the New York City streets. A lotta fun for one coin that very magically becomes two, and then oh boy, watch out now! 😁
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, Kanawati wrote:
Grandpa’s Coins 2...that was beautifully done! Btw...Vinny is no slouch either in the skill and creativity department and in being generous with his knowledge. Thank you Vinny. I agree with everything that has been said by everyone so far. I’d like to also take the opportunity to thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and skill and creativity and for taking the time to support and encourage others including me. I’d also just add that not only do you share your work but you regularly shine the spotlight on others and bring the work of others to the attention of the wider community. We’ve never met but I really do think of you as a friend on the other side of this big pond. John

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now, that's what real magic is all about...and why I say, "Thank you" here. 😊

stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Thanks MB. I picked I & M up from VM's site. I'm really enjoying working on this stuff and playing around with the different techniques Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks stevie. I hope you enjoy it. It’s like a seed that keeps growing that allows you to learn, build & create. 😉

And here’s another neat way to get into it from something Michael Eaton does, and a little of my own deceptive razzle-dazzle mixed in. 😉

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2020, Kong wrote:
Great stuff, Mb, and an amusing story, too. Smile

I remember being drawn to quite a few of your routines when I picked up Double Trouble so I'll have another look before deciding. Decisions, decisions - what a nice problem to have!

Thanks again, Mb.

My pleasure KONG, Double Trouble is one of my favorite on-the-spot coin effects to do for people, just fun stuff to play with and a bit of nice magical kit to learn & build from. Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2020, gkfreed wrote:
Marion,

Thank you for your friendship and all you have shared.

To hear from Gary Freed here is quite humbling, in that he is a really good closeup man with one of the great classic packet card tricks of all time to his name, you might've heard of it, "NFW."

If you've never tried it, you should...It's that good! Smile It's truly an amazing trick and I spent many years doing it for people everywhere I went along with my coin effects. Just a perfect card trick for a coin guy, and what fun! Smile

That he took time to share a good word here is really something....A sorta recognition of cross pollination that is absolutely magical. Smile

Again, again, & again...Thank you, thank you all. ☺️

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2020, Kong wrote:
Great stuff, Mb, and an amusing story, too. Smile

I remember being drawn to quite a few of your routines when I picked up Double Trouble so I'll have another look before deciding. Decisions, decisions - what a nice problem to have!

Thanks again, Mb.

Hey thanks Kong, that take on "My Fly" was something I came to do a bit more streamlined and casually as a pet effect... Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
...But if you don't want an effect to be so involved, you just want something cute & fun to do for people as you move about, then perhaps something like this one would work good for you. Nothing hard to it and it is delivered via a nice little story. I have done it for adults and kids as well, they all appreciate the magic in it. Smile

Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
I'll be studying your Crimp Change Redux now, Mb. Smile It looks fantastic and is something I'll enjoy practicing so I couldn't resist.

Am I right in thinking you cover your Liwag Subtlety in this one?

It's finished downloading now so I'm off for a look.

Thanks again, Mb!

Edit:
I see that you do cover the Liwag Subtlety. Great stuff.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks for checking it out, it's some of my best work. Smile

After first putting out the Crimp Change long ago now, I came to learn quite a bit more about what made the move look and work even better. The Crimp Change ReDux, addressed all the nuances that made the move even more magical. In wrapping it with other devilish deceptions, like the Liwag Subtlety and using the Quick Pitch, it makes it all more of a weapon than simply a move. Smile

I've received a lot of interest in this work over the years, and so happy to see that people still appreciate me sharing what I found and kept finding as to this gem. I've done a lot with the move, like this... Smile

https://vinnymarini.com/index.php/produc......te-koin/

Incidentally, I hope you like the manuscript I try to include in most of my downloads. It's where I get to better explain my thinking, and I think it's a better overall value than just you downloading instructional videos, which I also include as well. Smile So, while I don't have a book of my work, my manuscripts are sorta my little contribution to that kind of more literary effort.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And funs, as to that old dream effect with the old man, well, I mentioned coming up with a few ways to make that sorta magic happen but nothing any better than the Crimp Change, mostly because it kept leading me further & further down the trail as to magical possibilities, that I really didn’t see anyone else doing quite this way. Not an exact bullseye but another real winner none-the-less... Smile

I’ve posted quite few of my effects in this string, probably none of which you’ll find in any book, which is why you need to look a bit further than that a lot of times, if for nothing else but to maybe find what you don’t quite expect, from someone or someplace you ordinarily wouldn’t expect it from. 😉
Man, what a journey! 🙏🏼😊

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Mb thank you sir you my friend are one of the good guy's you have helped me out mant times over the years Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey warren, how you been my friend...long time. Smile

From now to back then, it remains my pleasure to have helped you along. Smile And I appreciate the kind words here...Thank you so much. 🙏🏽

I'm still carrying this on after all this time in trying to help others. *And y'know what, you have just reminded me that I have a Magical Give-Away for folks if interested, just PM me. Smile

Man, that feeling never gets old and still feels GRRREAT! Smile

stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Thanks MB for the magical little give-away. I must admit it wasn't what I was expecting, but I think that made it all the more enjoyable, and I'm leaning ever more toward your philosophy of keeping things simple and streamlined. I wish I'd seen this some time ago!!

My little library of your stuff from VM's site is giving me lots of enjoyment, and keeps opening up new possibilities and ideas. It's enabled me to be more inventive, and today's little bonus has given me a couple more things to ponder and work on.

Thanks buddy. Top bloke!!!

BW

Steve
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
Well Mb, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the notes you sent over. Thank you! I absolutely 100% share your less is more philosophy and you've given me a couple of new things to explore. Your gentle, laid-back approach to the subject is the perfect de-stresser - I could read it all day.

Thanks yet again, Mb. Please take care and keep up your fantastic work.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks you guys, so happy you and so many others are enjoying this bit of magical info. 😊

I was quite surprised by all the interest, and that it has come from people well beyond just this forum, and even a few Magi’s from around the globe, well, that’s truly amazing. 🤗
It jammed-up my in-box a bit but that’s OK...That’s “Good Trouble!” 😁👍🏽

I will continue to make it available as long as people seem to enjoy it and find some real value in it. And as I said, just PM me.😉

And in the meantime here, a little magic...Music maestro, please...😁

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2020, funsway wrote:
A smile and a wink! Don't forget those.

Ever there - always ready. That is where the magic come from.

Yeah, and it don't take much...maybe but a little "assist" to Ol' JW, and a little touch of Liwag... Smile. but yeah, always with a "😉 & a 😊"

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
That's excellent, Marion!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thank you, so much... (519 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11..16..21..26..31..32~33~34 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL