The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubinstein Coin Magic (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks Doug! Glad the book arrived safely! I still have a small amount of books left that are available for signing, and as Doug says, all my books come with a special FREE GIFT. If interested in ordering information, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Thanks again Doug, and to everyone who has taken the plunge and bought Rubinstein Coin Magic!!
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
dustrod
View Profile
Regular user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
137 Posts

Profile of dustrod
I wanna say, I just started reading but I love all the Puns in the book! My 8yr old and I use so many Puns we just about have our own dumb language. Super cool!
Also, I would use some cleaver pun here but I'd probably butcher it.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Lol! Thanks, maybe someday we will meat...
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
dustrod
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of dustrod
Lol!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Dan Trix is a magician from the United Kingdom. He has a YouTube channel where he shows tricks he learns from varous books on close-up. Over the past few months he has been working on stuff from Rubinstein Coin Magic, and has put out several videos showing him working on routines from the book. Although he admits that the routines he works on are an ongoing work in progress, it is clear that he is having a lot of fun with the material. Please subscribe to his channel. Here is is latest offering, as he works on three routines from the Coins Across section of Rubinstein Coin Magic. Thanks Dan for taking the time to showcase these effects, can't wait to see you perform these routines again when perfected!!
https://youtu.be/ps-qI6WTCw8

I still have a few copies available for signing, and all of my books come with an exclusive FREE GIFT. If interested in ordering, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . Thanks to all for your continued interest and nice comments about my book, and be sure to let me know if there is something new you want me to film.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Meir Yedid has just released a download of a lecture from 1986. Unlike the version that was released as a DVD years ago, this version is unedited and contains material not seen on the DVD. Available at a special price of $10 until Tuesday, you can see some of the early versions of material found in my book, Rubinstein Coin Magic. The video preview can be found here:
https://www.mymagic.com/l/digital-video/......ic-video

I only have one book left, available for signing, and I won't get any more until the book is reprinted again (which won't happen for a very long time). Since it is the last book I have, I will include a special FREE GIFT, not given to any other purchaser! If interested in getting the ordering information, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
With only one left, it is going to be sold on a first come first serve basis. Thanks again to everyone who has made my book such a big success!!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Looks like the last book is on hold pending payment! Here is Dan Trix ( and if you haven't done so yet, please subscribe to his YouTube channel!) putting together a few things from the book. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/dhsEYOzJApM
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

I haven't posted here for a bit, as I didn't get many comments about the routines and techniques I have already filmed for those who bought the book and wanted to see how the stuff looks. But soon I will be putting up one of the Coins Across that hasn't been filmed yet. Be sure to let me know if there is something else you would also like to see. Hope you are all staying safe through these trying times.
dustrod
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of dustrod
The videos are a big help.
I'm still in the first 100 pages, I practice along with the 8 minute montage a lot.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Glad to hear it Dustrod! I will get up that coins across in the next couple of days.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

While waiting for my next routine, I hope you all enjoy this podcast about me!
https://open.spotify.com/show/1MrIPEo1Xkb3hvMqvc6A6n
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Hey, more news from Meir Yedid! He just released my 2004 Video lecture as a download for the introductory price of $10 until November 24th! See some of the effects or original handlings of routines found in Rubinstein Coin Magic by clicking here:
https://www.mymagic.com/l/digital-video/......ic-video
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Right out of Rubinstein Coin Magic, here is a Coins Across using any three coins. It can even be done with three borrowed quarters, or coins of three different denominations (copper, silver, and brass). Although the trick is written so that the last coin arrives in the spectator's hand, I changed the ending as I was filming solo. I hope you enjoy it!
https://youtu.be/Zzmik83QFHE
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
75 Posts

Profile of bassinator
Thank you Dr. Rubinstein for the details and occasional videos showing the tricks. Very helpful.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I just did an in-depth review of this huge book!
It's long, but I cover every detail.

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Hey Rick, thanks so much for giving your insights! Much appreciated, my friend!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Hope you all had a great and SAFE Thanksgiving! Dan Trixter is BACK, performing three items from Rubinstein Coin Magic. The first is a contribution from Miguel Angel Gea. The second is an AMAZING coin change from Danny Goldsmith, that he was nice enough to contribute to the book, and the third is a rendition of my own Retro Fly. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/UkAZfIiPXmo
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6781 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh man! A Café member here by the name of TWOCAN made me an Ike dollar copper coin, with a copper buffalo nickel on the back, with the regular buffalo nickel copper coin, which is Ike dollar sized!

So naturally I'm on chapter 8, the copper - silver section. I am so glad I got this book! It eventually is going to be like Greater Magic and you're not going to be able to get a copy.

Doug
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Thanks Doug! Hope you find a C/S routine to your liking!
w i l s o
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of w i l s o
This book is excellent. and thanks Rick also for your review.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Rubinstein Coin Magic (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL