The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Magic Squares, ebook Melencolia I by Dr. Solka (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
I just updated the ebook. It is now version 3.40.
Buyers can download the revisited book everytime on the digital shelf at Lybrary.com.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I’m probably going to get reprimanded for saying this but I think if you’re posting something like this, a link should be included. Even the lybrary.com link isn’t live.

Just a bit of a standard marketing/sales tip since this post is 100% about a product anyway. It’s probably just me but these posts promoting something then leaving you hanging are irritating, which I don’t think is your goal.

https://www.lybrary.com/melencolia-p-921956.html
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Some of us are glad that it's not too simple for everyone to access this gem of a book.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Dear Chris K,

Thank you very much for your advice. In principle, you are right.
Thank you very much for setting the link.

But, it's not my intention to advertise anything in TMC. I don't care about sales - I know this is unusual here - my wage is only a few cents/book page anyway. I even give away my books to those who are GENUINE interested or work in the field but can only rarely afford books. (Unfortunately, at present there are more affected magicians than many think.)

I just wanted to inform those who own my book about an updated version. The book-owners usually know where they can find the update.
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
At the end of November 2020, I will update the ebook. It will be version 3.50.

Buyers can download the revisited book on the digital shelf at Lybrary.com.

The revision's focus is on birthday squares, historical references, and the removal of inaccuracies and small errors.

I acknowledge from the bottom of my heart that it is likely that all fundamental ideas for constructing magic squares were already thought of more than 500 years ago by great minds!
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Updated.
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
I have extensively revised part III - 5x5 magic squares and the chapter about the magic birthday square, and much more. “Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer” now has 176 A4-pages. Many methods have never been described before.

The price will rise to 45 USD in 2021, and it is then still a bargain.

Apart from Jim Solberg’s great and amazing trilogy “Magic Square Methods and Tricks,” it is the most comprehensive book about smart methods for 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 magic squares.
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Find Melencolia I and the updated table of contents here:
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Hint: purchasers can freely download the update from their permanent link on the digital shelf at Lybrary.com.
Jimso
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jimso
Anyone who is interested in magic squares should get this e-book now. It is loaded with innovative ideas, and is a bargain because it started as a much shorter manuscript and grew with additions since then. Hans-Christian has been very generous in not raising the price or publishing the additions as separate e-books. It will still be a good buy at the higher price.

(If you are still using the standard old method for 4x4 squares, you should be aware that there are several much better methods now.)
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Errata in v. 3.50

p. 20
"I use a spectator’s age older than 39 years for the magic sum to avoid duplicate numbers."
correct is:
"I use a spectator’s age older than 45 years for the magic sum to avoid duplicate numbers."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Magic Squares, ebook Melencolia I by Dr. Solka (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL