The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Flourishy" ways to DEAL cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
I'm working on a video where I basically just show off my card collection. There are a few decks that, though they're really cool cards, they're of such poor quality that spreading them out is not an option - they're just too stiff and get stuck on each other too much.

I'm literally just going to pick up the decks and deal 12 to 24 cards from each deck onto the closeup mat in a grid to let the spectators look at or read them and then pick them up.

How could I "flourishingly" lay the cards out? Suggestions will be appreciated.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2020, TheMetalMagician wrote:
I'm working on a video where I basically just show off my card collection. There are a few decks that, though they're really cool cards, they're of such poor quality that spreading them out is not an option - they're just too stiff and get stuck on each other too much.

I'm literally just going to pick up the decks and deal 12 to 24 cards from each deck onto the closeup mat in a grid to let the spectators look at or read them and then pick them up.

How could I "flourishingly" lay the cards out? Suggestions will be appreciated.

Lennart Green's Top Shot
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Swing
Stud swing
Standard
Index third finger pinch & swing
Lepaul like seconds
All single card productions
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Shikanominarazu
The so-called "Chinese Deal" is pretty good and not too difficult.
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

I had forgotten a couple of flourishy productions from Sam the Bellhop - the way he produces the first four kings as one example, the snapping thing he does to produce the 2 dollar tip as another.
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 11, 2020, Rachmaninov wrote:
Swing
Stud swing
Standard
Index third finger pinch & swing
Lepaul like seconds
All single card productions

Could I trouble you to elaborate on these a bit? What exactly do you mean when you say swing, stud swing, standard? Any particular books or tutorials good for learning those?

Thanks in advance.
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 12, 2020, Shikanominarazu wrote:
The so-called "Chinese Deal" is pretty good and not too difficult.

That's the one where the card is pushed forward by the thumb and then whipped down below the deck by the index finger, yes?

I saw several tutorials where the flipdown was followed by some sort of throw or other flourish. Personally I think it would look cool to just be able to flip down and deal the cards at speed, the other stuff is just bonus.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Flourishy" ways to DEAL cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL