The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manifest by Vortex and Danny Weiser (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
That was a really thorough review and equally entertaining. I hope that you continue reviewing more products!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Fantastic and entertaining review. Looks nice but I agree that the size makes it less impressive since most people won’t be able to see it. I just counted and I have 13 versions on confab including the original, dream prediction, and no brainer. As a magician, I love them all but rarely ever perform them. Not really sure why.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, nique wrote:
Hey thanks guys! 🤗🤗🤗

I’m not a pro reviewer; just tried my hand at doing this, seeing as how I have the time and can’t get on stage for the time being.

~ Nique

Great Review Nique, actually the loading also my concern on this type of effect.
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
114 Posts

Profile of Melies
Alas, I was hoping that this *was* plastic/synthetic, because I don't buy or wear leather, for ethical reasons! (I wish magicians would stop thinking of products made with the skins of killed animals as more desirable and "authentic" than ones made with non-animal materials. Same things with a variety of other products, including gimmicked wallets, watch bands, etc.) I'm sorely disappointed, because this is a terrific effect and seems to be very well-designed and well thought through.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I'm curious about the loading issues. It makes me think of Peter Eggink's original GHOST TAG, which never worked properly.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys. I reviewed this on my latest episode of my review show which has just gone live.

There are a couple of serious issues with this that I didn’t particularly like. However having worked with it for a while I’ve changed several things to make it workable for me. I now like it nexuses only because of these changes. On the show I perform my handling of the routine which you guys can use if it helps.

Happy to answer any questions. Here’s the link to the show.

https://youtu.be/ALJpWKuAfsk
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I got this today, VERY nice quality tag and easy peasy method...have only done a cursory examination so far
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey guys. I reviewed this on my latest episode of my review show which has just gone live.

There are a couple of serious issues with this that I didn’t particularly like. However having worked with it for a while I’ve changed several things to make it workable for me. I now like it nexuses only because of these changes. On the show I perform my handling of the routine which you guys can use if it helps.

I like your idea to avoid the double writing. Nice ...!!!
victors911
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of victors911
Can we give manifest yellow bag after showing trick to spectator? can he find something?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2020, victors911 wrote:
Can we give manifest yellow bag after showing trick to spectator? can he find something?

I think casual inspection should be fine.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, Craig Petty wrote:

Maybe it's just me Craig, but the addition of the card element just seems to have made muddied the waters. Maybe I'm missing something.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2020, motown wrote:
Maybe it's just me Craig, but the addition of the card element just seems to have made muddied the waters. Maybe I'm missing something.

Agreed. Maybe better to force something travel related (departure time on a Turner Watch, for example?) and use that info on the pad.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, motown wrote:
I'm curious about the loading issues. It makes me think of Peter Eggink's original GHOST TAG, which never worked properly.

I came up with a load for use in a stage show that's completely natural and invisible. It does require the type of bag that Paul uses in the demo (stand up with handles) It's now uploaded as one of the instructional videos when you log in to the tutorial. But the load looks perfect.
victors911
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of victors911
I like this trick, for me it is worker! due that covid, it works perfect Smile
u can do innocent moves for spectators and get great reactions!
DMatthew785X
View Profile
New user
Space City
24 Posts

Profile of DMatthew785X
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2020, gowenmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, motown wrote:

I came up with a load for use in a stage show that's completely natural and invisible. It does require the type of bag that Paul uses in the demo (stand up with handles) It's now uploaded as one of the instructional videos when you log in to the tutorial. But the load looks perfect.

This is great! Thanks for the variation.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
This could easily be attached to a close up case and would be natural if you've travelled to the gig.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Jerdunn - excellent idea
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2020, Bruce T wrote:
This could easily be attached to a close up case and would be natural if you've travelled to the gig.

Great idea Bruce!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
This was recently performed on Ellen by magician Keith Barry!! See link below! Skip to 3:25 to see MANIFEST in action!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0......2doKAfv8
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
And once again - a seemingly great effect and suddenly the reviews ended - I take it that it wasn’t that great afterall - or am I missing something? More reviews please.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manifest by Vortex and Danny Weiser (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL