The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » My Pressure Fan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Emillors
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Emillors
(My pressure fan is the one with the background.) (Asi's fan is the one with the blue background.)
https://imgur.com/a/OfjwUb3

Hello everybody.

Hope you all doing well in the summer and stay safe.

In this summer I have begun to train the Pressure Fan. A card move that I think is fantastic, and also open a lot of choices in my magic.

I have read the chapter in "Expert Card Technique" about the pressure fan, and after that, I began to train the move and took a lot from the little chapter about the fan. And as you see at the picture, I ended up with this fan.

I now its doesn't look too good, but I think, that I just need to practice more!
But I still have a feeling something is wrong.

When I look at Asi Wind's Pressure Fan, the way my forms out, just don't look good. What I mean, is that the left side of my fan looks ugly compared to other side of my fan, so I feel that I'm doing something wrong, and that's why I want to ask you if you can come with some inputs maybe. I know that he is more trained than me, but when I train it, I just want to be sure I train it the way it needs to be done. (I took Asi's Fan as an example because I think that he has a pretty good pressure fan)

I don't know if I have my fingers placed the wrong place or what, but I just want to hear if any of you can help with some good points or so.

I just really want to put the time and practice into this fan.

Don't hope this gets me to look like a dumbass or anything. I just want to hear points from someone, who is better than me, and learn in that way.

Wish you all a fantastic summer and hope all of you will stay safe.

Best Regards
-Emil
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Your pressure fan will improve if you work on springing cards a lot, off the fingers. This breaks the cards in as well, but also strengthens the same finger muscles. What is happening with a pressure fan, not to be confused with a Thumb fan, is that you are springing the cards off the tips of your fingers as you rotate, using the thumb tip as a pivot.
This way you'll also develop another flourish...that of springing the deck. Regards, Gregg Webb
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
The cards you use may be a factor.
I've been making great pressure fans since the 1960's, but the finish on today's Bicycle cards makes it difficult. It's a little easier with Aviator cards because they aren't quite as stiff as Bicycle cards.
There are some tutorials on youtube that might help. Just search for "pressure fan."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Here's a link to a photo of Dai Vernon making a pressure fan:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c......rnon.jpg
Note how pronounced the bend of the cards is.

Some magicians avoid or hate the pressure fan because the bend in the cards can tend to wear out the deck. They prefer to do a thumb or finger fan. If you use a deck for not only pressure fans but for other spring flourishes as well (springing the cards; waterfall flourish), the deck will wear out that much more quickly.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » My Pressure Fan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL