We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Question on Simon Aronson's Invisible Card (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nikodemus
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
I am really delighted to have come across The Invisible Card by Simon Aronson. Basically it is a sleight-free version of Invisible Deck!

The only aspect that might seem a bit odd is the process for searching through the deck. Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to justify this?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4899 Posts

Profile of landmark
I can't speak for anyone else, but no one who I've ever shown it to has ever questioned the process.

"Please watch for your card. I'll do it in small batches so you can watch closely for your card. Is it one of these?...."

BTW, I always arrange for there to be only one card left face down after the next to last spread--so there's still the hope that that card might be the spectator's. "And the last card..." And then you turn it over.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
What about counting the cards as well at the same time as looking for the invisible one?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4899 Posts

Profile of landmark
My immediate thought is that counting is just as awkward, if not more so, and will slow things down--much longer to count cards than for a spec to scan through them--but try it and see. Let us know how it goes.
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
I use Marked Cards, sight the named card and display all the cards above the named card flipping them over, push under the named card and fan the remaining half of the deck...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Question on Simon Aronson's Invisible Card (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL