The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mythic by Joel Dickinson/Andrew Dean (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Looks like some sort of index? Though no info on how much it holds or how it works. Anyone have details? Also, not sure how it could possibly have "NO clothing restrictions." Seems like there must be some unless I'm missing something entirely (which may very well be!).

https://www.realworkers.co.uk/products/mythic

PLAYING CARDS - BUSINESS CARDS - NOTES - THUMB TIPS - BILLETS - MORE

Reveal thought of playing cards, star signs, predict the future and more.

Mythic is more than a trick, it's a classic magicians tool taken to a whole new level.
Once you have the power of Mythic at your side, you will be able to create routines guaranteed to play with your spectators minds.

It is ideal for all performing environments and contains NO clothing restrictions.
You can perform Mythic standing and seated.

Mythic takes up no pocket space yet remains invisible to your spectators.

Mythic has been handmade in the UK and is made from high grade material.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Is this a joke? You can see it on his hip...
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
I do believe he turns his body in that way specifically so that you can see what’s going on.

In real performance however
this would be hidden.

This trailer is created and shot so that you , the magician and
As the prospective purchaser of the item-do know exactly what’s going on;

The creator is not trying to hide anything from you

I do believe they will teach you how to keep what you saw hidden in various ways
With various handling’s

The nice thing about it is it’s not in your pocket in the ease in swiftness of retrieval of the specific prediction
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
[quote]On Jul 23, 2020, smikey12000 wrote:
I do believe he turns his body in that way specifically so that you can see what’s going on.

Well, that explains it! Thank goodness they didn't make a demo that might fool us. I guess a real performer would need to wear a jacket. But then what's the rationale for reaching into the small of your back to access the i***x? And how is that more deceptive than a hand casually inserted into one's pocket?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Well, they say "no clothing restrictions" and "nobody will ever see it" so it was a little confusing lol

I suppose "no clothing restrictions" means as long as you're wearing pants you're covered. I can imagine it's like a belt you wear under your pants.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2020, smikey12000 wrote:

this would be hidden.

I do believe they will teach you how to keep what you saw hidden in various ways
With various handling’s

The nice thing about it is it’s not in your pocket in the ease in swiftness of retrieval of the specific prediction

That might be, but if they wanted to know exactly what's going on... why not advertise it like every other index, by saying it's an index and saying how much it holds, etc. Also, they do say this takes no pocket space, but if that is the index in his pocket, then... that's not true either. So the advertising is confusing.

Seems like it would better if they just provided the actual details so we'd know what it was, rather than a demo that flashes just some of the info.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I thought it was excellent honest video your spectator will have no clue ! Your viewing this as a magician you can't have 52 pockets with 52 different cards right ? your audience will assume it was the folded card on the table Bang On every time !!
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Reminds me at the index of Marc Lavelle (Skynet Project)
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26776
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
What are you talking about ? We show you the index blatantly in the video.
And the blurb is correct.
This takes up NO pocket space, stop acting like everything we have said is a lie and every magician who put their ideas out are there to trick you.

If you have any sensible questions please ask, unless you’re just here to make everything appear negative.

Joel

Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, no2ss wrote:
Quote:

this would be hidden.

With various handling’s

That might be, but if they wanted to know exactly what's going on... why not advertise it like every other index, by saying it's an index and saying how much it holds, etc. Also, they do say this takes no pocket space, but if that is the index in his pocket, then... that's not true either. So the advertising is confusing.

Seems like it would better if they just provided the actual details so we'd know what it was, rather than a demo that flashes just some of the info.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
You (the magician) are meant to.

Quote:
On Jul 23, 2020, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Is this a joke? You can see it on his hip...
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Because everybody knows a pocket index kills a full pocket.
You can perform this seated too, you can’t put your hand in your pocket whilst sat down.

Wear what ever you want, a jacket or a waste coat will hide this perfectly.

And yeah, thank goodness we didn’t make a demo to intentionally fool you because you’d still be looking for the benefits that are hidden in plain sight.
Mythic is an awesome index. I’ve owned countless indexes and this is the best.

Joel

[quote]On Jul 23, 2020, Jonathan1000 wrote:
Quote:

Well, that explains it! Thank goodness they didn't make a demo that might fool us. I guess a real performer would need to wear a jacket. But then what's the rationale for reaching into the small of your back to access the i***x? And how is that more deceptive than a hand casually inserted into one's pocket?
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
It’s totally different. Different set up, different handling and different material.

Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, Waterloophai wrote:
Reminds me at the index of Marc Lavelle (Skynet Project)
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26776
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Ooh... the index is also designed to EASILY steal cards rather than fiddling about in your pocket, at all.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, JoelDickinson wrote:
This takes up NO pocket space, stop acting like everything we have said is a lie and every magician who put their ideas out are there to trick you.

If you have any sensible questions please ask, unless you’re just here to make everything appear negative.

Joel

Hmm. Joel, I'm a big fan and have purchased many, many things from you. I wasn't trying "to make everything appear negative." I was legitimately confused by the advertising language on this effect, which is why I posted about it and asked about it. Normally with indexes, there's some indication of how much the index holds and what advantages/limitations it might have. Your copy did not, which resulted in my confusion. And below you note that it also works as a holdout. That's great and intriguing but I would not have gotten that from the advertisement at all.

I wasn't saying that everything you said was "a lie" -- I'm saying that it was confusing to me, someone who has given you lots of money and likely will give you more. I just wanted to understand this and am not sure why you're attacking me for trying to do so.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that this is your response, but I'll chalk it up to me not making myself clear and will apologize for whatever I said that seemed to get you upset. That was not my intention. I know it's difficult, as a creator, if people seem to be criticizing your creations that you worked on. I wasn't trying to do that. I was trying to understand what you're selling.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
It says on the ad...."Watch the video again, we show you the index to give you a better informed decision. " I like it!
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, magicmind wrote:
It says on the ad...."Watch the video again, we show you the index to give you a better informed decision. " I like it!

It *now* says that -- and that the index has 24 outs. What I posted above was the original text. Now they've added all the info that I originally asked for (and for which Joel said I was just trying to be negative!). I'm glad that they have now added this information, I just wish Joel didn't feel that I was being unnecessarily negative for asking for this info in the first place.

The new ad text says:

Watch the video again, we show you the index to give you a better informed decision.

The index is flexible to allow you to work with folded cards, thumb tips and other similar sized items.

INDEX - NOT IN YOUR POCKET - 24 OUTS - YOU ARE A MAGICIAN, USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND CREATE ROUTINES TO AMAZE
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
With the greatest respect, you did say ‘that’s not true either’.
Indicating we are lying behind our products.

As it’s promotional blurb it’s unfair to accuse people of lying to sell products.

We have intentionally kept the blurb minimal and nothing was and nothing will be misleading, and that goes for every product I have released and will ever release.
The video intentionally shows what is used.

I’m more than happy for my magic to be criticised and challenged but to state that something is ‘not true either’ is a criticism of my character not the product and that’s unfair.
And the truth is, it’s right. It literally takes up no pocket space.

I’ve updated the product with some extra details.

Best wishes,

Joel

Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, no2ss wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2020, JoelDickinson wrote:

Joel

Hmm. Joel, I'm a big fan and have purchased many, many things from you. I wasn't trying "to make everything appear negative." I was legitimately confused by the advertising language on this effect, which is why I posted about it and asked about it. Normally with indexes, there's some indication of how much the index holds and what advantages/limitations it might have. Your copy did not, which resulted in my confusion. And below you note that it also works as a holdout. That's great and intriguing but I would not have gotten that from the advertisement at all.

I wasn't saying that everything you said was "a lie" -- I'm saying that it was confusing to me, someone who has given you lots of money and likely will give you more. I just wanted to understand this and am not sure why you're attacking me for trying to do so.

Frankly, I'm disappointed that this is your response, but I'll chalk it up to me not making myself clear and will apologize for whatever I said that seemed to get you upset. That was not my intention. I know it's difficult, as a creator, if people seem to be criticizing your creations that you worked on. I wasn't trying to do that. I was trying to understand what you're selling.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks noss I didn’t read your post as being negative and this thread has been helpful since I came here due to some initial confusion as well.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree. I didn’t read it to be negative or disrespectful. Raised all valid points that the advertising has now been adjusted to address.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I probably missed it, but is there any exact info or pics of it? I’m a bit gun shy since my Skynet purchase a while back.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mythic by Joel Dickinson/Andrew Dean (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL