The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Great London Plague (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
557 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
This is something I've been working on the past week. Inspired by a conversation with myself and David Parr. These are tarot size matte finish cards. They tell the story of the great plague of London. Also have an amazing reveal at the end using the vellum parchment drawing that you see in the background. I will only be making a few handmade versions of this before sending it off to a printer for laminate cards. The laminate cards will have a different force not involving the parchment. If you would like a set, I am selling the handmade and hand aged cards you see here for $50 a set. Yes, I know a few of you have heard me say I was not going to produce any more physical products, but sometimes you get that bug and you can't help yourself!

Once I get the laminated cards in, I will no longer make the hand made ones, so consider these limited edition.

VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
767 Posts

Profile of roblane
These look amazing Vince! How do I order ?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
557 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
PM me for PayPal. I will be doing round two this weekend.
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1505 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Agreed, they do look amazing Vince & also very interested in a set, PM-ed you
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3352 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Haven't seen anything from you in so long I had to check my obituary list. All these years of breathing and drinking the embalming fluids takes a toll on the brain. Looks like a good contribution.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1505 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Recieved my handmade set with parchment, very nicely done Vince !
Simple routine & method to understand & perform with a wow reveal.
Glad I got this limited handmade version with parchment reveal. Will pair great with Prof BC's RING.

Cards have a nice gentle aging & I like the images used. The parchment is awesome & I really like it the way you did it Vince.

Thank you, nice effect you made & very happy with it !
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1733 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Victor:

I have enough on my plate right now, but I look forward to getting a laminated set when they come out. Please alert us when they become available.

Incidentally, Daniel Defoe's novel, Journal of the Plague Year, may be essential background reading.

George
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
557 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2020, George Hunter wrote:
Victor:

I have enough on my plate right now, but I look forward to getting a laminated set when they come out. Please alert us when they become available.

Incidentally, Daniel Defoe's novel, Journal of the Plague Year, may be essential background reading.

George

The Laminated Cards just came in. Please mindful everyone, I have noticed deliveries are inconsistent in speed. Delaware gas always been weird, but lately, packages going out through Wilmington, DE and nearby Baltimore are being held for days (sometimes up to 10).
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
869 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I know I am late to the pitch here, but this is intriguing as a pair up with my Prof BC "Ring". But no idea of the premise of the routine/effect so not sure if it fits my performance. How about a brief general description?
Thanks
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
869 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Ordered a few weeks ago.
Hopefully will get doon. Not sure if Vince just busy or delayed mail, although did not expect USPS to take so long?
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
869 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
While away on vacation my cards came about a week ago. Look nice, but do wish I had not missed the aged hand made and reveal parchment set.
But gotta pm for routine/effect as no instructions came with or was there a downloadable pdf!?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1505 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Shoot vince a pm or email & he'll send you the pdf download link, same for me.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
869 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Got the sheet for the effect, etc.
Nice, simply accomplished effect and I think I can even easily adapt to tie it in with a "Ring" routine ( e.g. As an option to the Plague cards reveal idea, certain Numerology operations could be used as an "in" to the "Ring" book for certain choices, etc?)
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1190 Posts

Profile of reese
The plague Virus. The Ring. Vultures. Could be a presentation for y'all. Celebrate your neighbors dying. Lotsa laughs. HaHa.
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
557 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Bizarre Magic has a history of being provocative. Should we not do White Star, Reese? From Hell? This is an opportunity to create debate in the strange political climate we live in right now. In the right hands certain routines can instill insight about what you are doing right now in regards to this pandemic. Not insensitive, but stimulating discussion. No one is celebrating neighbors dying, but perhaps questioning actions that have allowed the death toll to reach these levels. "Those who do not remember history, etc."

I do however understand your perspective and am in no way trying to say you are wrong. In the wrong hands, your point is well made.
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Great London Plague (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL