The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Paddles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kaws
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Kaws
Whats a good place, item to start learning good paddle magic.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1564 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Paddle Magic (with gimmicks) by Keith Fields is a DVD with several routines to get started.
Turbo Stick by Richard Sanders is one of the more popular recent paddles tricks released
Baffling Blocks (Gimmick and Online Inst...... Leclerc is a cool paddle trick using Legos that is more suitable for children.
Money Paddle by Daytona Magic, Inc. is a paddle trick version with, well... money.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1441 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I'd start with the classic Dotty Spots (aka Spot Paddles). It should be very cheap and is a guaranteed eye-popper. Here's my version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXr7PxS......=17&t=0s

Barry
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I love the Turbo Stick now but I will never forget my 1st paddle. It was wooden with a foil mirror on one side. It held a dollar bill folded up over the mirror and 3 dimes held with rubberbands on the other. There was a whole process but at the end...It was all done with mirrors. Similar (if not the same) as Money paddle.

Just to add a couple other good paddles that have come along. I liked (but never bought) Pizza Paddle & I did buy Chad Long's "Flash" which uses stick flash drives.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1564 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I have a love Chad Longs Flash, but it is discontinued and no longer available, afaik, so I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. Great suggestion though!

Quote:
On Jul 30, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I love the Turbo Stick now but I will never forget my 1st paddle. It was wooden with a foil mirror on one side. It held a dollar bill folded up over the mirror and 3 dimes held with rubberbands on the other. There was a whole process but at the end...It was all done with mirrors. Similar (if not the same) as Money paddle.

Just to add a couple other good paddles that have come along. I liked (but never bought) Pizza Paddle & I did buy Chad Long's "Flash" which uses stick flash drives.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of Rocky
Excellent suggestions by everyone who has responded! When I had magicians perform at my restaurant, I was always thankful for those who didn't focus 90% of their act on card magic. Audiences love chop cups, dice effects and sponge balls. However, a good paddle routine always got GREAT reactions. Those that stick out have been mentioned...Turbo Stick, Money Paddle, and Flash were effects my patrons would recall long after the magician had performed for them.

Dotty Spots (I have a set made of pewter) is what I carry with me and it also gets head shakes of disbelief!!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Pre-Pandemic, this is the time of year that the No.2 Pencil is great to perform. I used that one a lot when I table hopped (back in the day).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of indomagic
My Vote for TURBO STICK .
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1441 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I forgot to mention - there's a useful chapter in Bruce Elliott's "Classic Secrets of Magic". It includes hand-printing a business card and the complete Dr Sack dice routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Paddles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL