The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brainbow Divination by Magic Wagon (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
805 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, Doric wrote:
It's based on an old international magic trick. Same workings.

Could you please name the trick that you think served as blueprint
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
A couple more options... I just placed my order for a 4" Color changing Cube. Smile

Doric
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, Doric wrote:
It's based on an old international magic trick. Same workings.

Could you please name the trick that you think served as blueprint

Sure, I just sent you a PM with the details.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, simcoscor wrote:
Maybe this could lead to a pretty cool "Brainbow Revelation"? Smile

Cool! Suddenly my dining room is bathed in the color they are thinking of... love it!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
I don’t see the color changing bulbs as being very amazing because I think people will simply figure that the way the rod is placed in the box sends a remote signal to the bulb just as the actual remote in your pocket is really doing.

I fear specs would just assume it’s done with technology, especially when that technology actually exists and is well known.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, J M Talbot wrote:
Cool! Suddenly my dining room is bathed in the color they are thinking of... love it!

"Alexa, what is the chosen color?" Smile Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2402 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, videoman wrote:
I don’t see the color changing bulbs as being very amazing because I think people will simply figure that the way the rod is placed in the box sends a remote signal to the bulb just as the actual remote in your pocket is really doing.

I fear specs would just assume it’s done with technology, especially when that technology actually exists and is well known.

For me it is a matter of: timing, who gives the "signal" for the magic to happen (I'm not referring to the remote) and how. There are several interesting possibilities of course...

Simon
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
To me any electronic revelation brings too much suspicion to the method being electronic, even though it is not. I'm keeping this simple and clean of electronic anything. Just my opinion.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
For me it is all about the situation. I will definitely try the bulb idea for a fun dinner bit (when I can have fun dinners again!) Do the effect once or twice normally and then pretend to struggle... tell them to really concentrate and suddenly the room is bathed in the color they are thinking of... would be very entertaining in that situation... at least with the crowd I hang out with Smile

On the other end of the spectrum (see what I did there Smile) I am fleshing out a very low tech presentation that I am liking...

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Love the Casey Jones idea and the way you are presenting the bulb color end is great JT. Now - send us all the Casey Jones work???

JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Cebulon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany, BW
106 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
Yes, revealing the color by lighting the bulb in a seance-like situation would add a nice creepy note - I think I'd like that.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Sounds very interesting John.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5522 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That's a nice poster layout John. Besides your marketing director background, it looks like you have some design chops!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I decided to make a little review of this item:

Madison
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1111 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2020, MadisonH wrote:
I decided to make a little review of this item:

Madison

I LOVE this review and really appreciate getting your feedback! This is what MW should do to start with! Appreciate the time and effort
you took to get this to us. Mine is coming any day now . . .
Cebulon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany, BW
106 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
Splendid, thanks for sharing this, Madison!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
805 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I like the bright colors and the brass knob

A very handy and unsuspicious prop ...
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I do not want to put a damper on what is obviously an excellent prop and one I am genuinely interested in but am wondering how feasible it is to use in current performing conditions with the spectator having to touch the props? I'd love to get this but could I use?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3604 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Prop looks great! Madison thanks for the overview. Colors almost shine like a light bulb Smile
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
805 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2020, NeilS wrote:
I am genuinely interested in but am wondering how feasible it is to use in current performing
conditions with the spectator having to touch the props? I'd love to get this but could I use ?

If everything is done correctly, the spectator can touch and examine everything without hesitation
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brainbow Divination by Magic Wagon (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL