The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Boy to rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I am wanting to build an illusion, where the effect is of a person changing into a large dog. I was told that an illusion called 'boy to rabbit' would be good for this idea. Does anyone have any other suggestions, keeping in mind that I'm no master carpenter! Smile
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
A Blammo Box could work for your purposes.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
I would recommend the "girl to lion cage". I think it isn't that difficult to build (or let it build!) but the materials are expensive!

andy
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
In Jim Sommer's book, "Build Your Own Illusions", he explains how he made his version of a boy to rabbit trick.

It is basically a jumbo sized top hat, on a base with legs. It pops open, then you tilt it forwards (ala tipover trunk) to show it empty.

That might be of interest to you, as a possible solution.

- Donald.

By the way, I also own plans for the Boy to Rabbit Illusion (I think they are Abbott's plans), and it is an entirely different illusion and method from what is in Jim Sommers' book.

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Thanks for the great ideas! I did consider girl to lion cage possiblity, but as you mention andl, the cost is a bit prohibitive for me at the moment.

Where can I find plans for a 'blammo box', nfox? I'm not familiar with it.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Sorry, I thought you said "Rabbit to Boy." If that were the case, a Blammo Box would be feasible...I should probably read more carefully next time. A scaled down Girl-to-Lion/tiger sounds good to me, just make sure the dog stays quiet. But if you truly are "no master carpenter" I would recommend that you get help from someone a little more skilled in carpentry...it can make all the difference in the world.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
A large box with black Art divider would do it.
Dennis Michael
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Okay my answer is very late but just for the record David Ginn has the discription of this illusion in his book Professional Magic fro Children. You can download the plans for $4 from Abbots
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Boy to rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL