The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR or Le Claire Hookup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
What do you experts find yourself using most of the time.

I'm new to this type of magic and I like it. I've floated a dollar bill for a few friends, my wife, daughter and without a doubt, it's the strongest thing they've seen me do.

I like the Le claire because even if you suspected a thread..., where would it be coming from, nothing makes sense.

It also seems to do a good job of getting rid of any pendulum effect.

I also like that you can sort of ditch it for awhile and re-hookup later.

How does ITR compare.

Thanks,
frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Well, it doesn't. One is hooked up to you on two points and uses on the thread and goo. The other is a mechanical tool with only one hookup to you (actually to your clothing) and the other to another object. You can do stuff with the ITR (like walking away form the floating object) that you can't do with the LeClair, and vice versa (like the helicopter card).

The only thing these two items have in common is the IT. The techniques are completely different.

IMO, if you already use the LeClair and are even the least proficient with it, you don't need to bother with an ITR.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Magnus Maccormack
View Profile
New user
Calgary, Canada
67 Posts

Profile of Magnus Maccormack
Using both, though, you can transfer a levitating item from the LeClair (which you can animate) to the ITR line, and then move away leaving the item suspended...by static, as opposed to dynamic (bad word pun)
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
I've used both, I prefer the LeClair hookup.

Jim
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The ditch is very important. Even the rising card deck provokes an examination.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
I've never used an I.T.R. The first magic video I got was LeClaire, and for me, it's the only practical way to use IT. But that's me, and I don't perform for anyone but friends and family...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
See if you can borrow an ITR from a friend to try it out and see if it feels right for you.

YOu might be able to purchase one from a local magic store - if the owner is willing, he may let you buy it with the understanding that you can return it within a reasonable period of time if it's not for you.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR or Le Claire Hookup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL