The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » An April Rememberance (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
" APRIL 27 th REMEMBERANCE "

Each Mississippi skipping stone becomes a Memento Mori,
for souls lost on the ill fated Sultana.

Histories losses, a double tragedy when lost to memory as well.

In April reflection, may we still listen for her bell.

--------------------------------

A potential premise/ setting for a seance bell ringing?

Kotah
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Definitely food for thought ... now to let the mind go a wild (after the basketball game :0 )
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Good opening for a routine, with the spirit bell being an unexpected call back at the very end.

Would work well with how I like to use the Hobbs box, which is to start by placing the bell on the table and build expectation that something will happen. But after a very long pause nothing does. Not a sound. I then dismiss the idea "but that only works if everyone is a believer of course", then causally move the bell off to a side table (and on top of the Hobbs box) as I move into the history of seances, etc. Later on near the end, the bell unexpected rings. The departed have spoken.
Bob
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2269 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I am pleased this suggestion has inspired others to examine routines and presentational options.

Thank you for your further serious considerations.

Originally, after seeing the movie on Amazon. my thoughts harkened barkened back to the many war thgemed photo effects now available. This Civil war based piece of tragic history is extremely strong/

They survived the war and the prison camps, only to meed thweir end on a River boatb trip to home and freedom

Kotah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » An April Rememberance (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL