The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Clip Switch - Alexander May (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Clip Switch - Alexander May
$19.00 (download)
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=68031

The Hype:
Easy to do
Ends clean
Huge reactions
Used by top pros all over the world

My Take:
Not too much in the way of ad copy so I guess it is my job to tell you just what this is. First of all, I am sure a lot of you are doing lectures via Zoom and that is just what this is designed for. In fact, you have to do it online. If your audience was in the same room as you, you would never be able to fool them with this. But since they aren't there, you do have a nice mentalism piece here.

You write a prediction on a post-it, fold it it into thirds and put it in plain view on a card holder. (These would do the trick.)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCVCT92/ref......F8&psc=1
Your spectator then can name a number , friends or really anything. When you remove the prediction, it matches exactly. Pretty impressive. However, once you look behind the curtain, you can see why this only works on Zoom (or similar). The screen shows only a limited view while the dirty work happens off screen. You will also recognize the motif operandi for the prediction switch.

This is not a hard trick to do but you could never tell that from what you see. If you are doing shows, lectures, whatever online, this would definitely be a good purchase for you. From what your audience sees, you have performed an impossible miracle.

There is a way mentioned that a card holder is not necessary. The holder does make it look a little nicer but the other version is still killer. The mechanics could not be simpler. This is truly one you could buy today and do tonight (although that is frowned on). Make sure you rehearse it having someone watch the screen to let you know if there are any weak spots.

If you do mentalism or even just want to. This is a good buy and I would recommend it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Clip Switch - Alexander May (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL