The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Most visual, one minute trick? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
Hi everyone,

I took a long sabbatical from magic to finish school (medicine). One of the professional societies I am a part of is having a 'talent show' and is taking video submissions that are to be one minute. I have about 10 days to come up with something.

I want something visual, and straight forward. I was thinking of performing a rendition of "Triumph", but as I was thinking of it, I was thinking maybe something more straight forward like a coin matrix with cards?

Maybe card manipulation?

Thanks,
Saqib
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8858 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have something called Vanishing Choice that is the best opener with a strange audience I have used in 66 years of performing.

It is very visual and simple -- also astonishing and will blow their socks off even for magicians.

No video though, partially because I am too crippled up to shoot one and my wife is blind. Are you to be performing live or sending in a video for the "talent show?"

If this "show" is a submission of videos, forget my offer.

If you will accept a written description, write me ken@eversway.com
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
Thank you Funsway. But unfortunately, it will be a "video submission"
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8858 Posts

Profile of funsway
Mb has some quicky video stuff. Only $10 and worth $100. Check the coin forum.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1944 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
My go-to for quick and visual is the 3 ball trick.

Patrick
BlushingCrow
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of BlushingCrow
Twisting the Aces, all the way! John Bannon once said "If I once got an incurable disease that made me only able to perform one trick for the rest of my life, I would be do Twisting the Aces .... forever!"
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1832 Posts

Profile of David Todd
EDIT: Oops ! I missed the fact that you posted this over a month ago and you needed to prepare something to submit within 10 days. Oh, well ... hope you found what you needed. I'll leave these examples up anyway , in case someone else is looking for references on a quick, visual piece of magic.

--------

For short (1 minute) and highly visual a "Lamp Chimney" style vanish of a handkerchief from a covered glass might do the trick. Reference the Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic , or the book Magic With Faucett Ross.

Henry Evans has a couple of variations taught on his video "Something More: Vol. 3" (also taught on his Penguin Live Lecture https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3604) -

1.)Silk Through Transparent Bag - A silk handkerchief instantly and visibly penetrates a transparent plastic bag tied around the performer's hand.
2.)Time Machine - A silk handkerchief instantly and visibly vanishes from a drinking glass and, just as mysteriously, reappears. A visual stunner!

Here is Time Machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9xYGch1Lo

This takes about 1 minute.

-------

Here is Silk Through Transparent Bag - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L09buujF2w

In his presentation he's got more time at the end where he's letting spectators examine the bag, so the video stretches to 1:28. You could tighten up the presentation to come in at 1:00 minute exactly if that is required by the contest you are entering.

------

Jonathan Neal performs this sort of vanish in his act. See 0:15 - 0:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlLalKFGLWs

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Most visual, one minute trick? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL