The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ten Grand Prix by Diamond Jim Tyler (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
555 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3013 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Very Nice !
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2090 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
This looks great. Wondering if it comes with all necessary as in video?
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of acortest
His ad copy says that unlike Hundy 500 and Extreme Burn where you have to ‘make it up’, Ten Grand Prix comes gift-wrapped and ready to go right out of the package. He doesn’t remove or give away any of the bills in the trailer, but he also offers ‘Switch Out Packs’ of fake hundo’s so you can switch out the stack so it can be examined or to give away bills from it. They aren’t included with the regular effect. The gimmicked pack included in the effect does come with the paper bill wrappers (blue for the $1’s & yellow for the $100s), but the gimmicked pack of bills is not examinable.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of mantel
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4993 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2020, dooblehorn wrote:

I’m not sure what you think may not be included?
But it is my understanding that it comes ready to go straight out of the package.

Maybe DJT will chime in and confirm or clarify?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4093 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I don’t really want to carry around a giant stack of bills and change looks a bit jerky, but looks pretty good.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4993 Posts

Profile of videoman
That’s true about carrying the large stack of bills around. Doesn’t look like they’d fit in most wallets, does it? 😃
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2090 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2020, dooblehorn wrote:

I’m not sure what you think may not be included?
But it is my understanding that it comes ready to go straight out of the package.

Maybe DJT will chime in and confirm or clarify?

Hmm, think about it, the main prop, I was purposely trying not to be too specific.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4993 Posts

Profile of videoman
Well, again, it says ready to go out of the box. Doesn’t mention having to supply anything yourself.
If I got this and found out I even had to supply a single crisp one dollar bill myself I’d demand a refund on principle alone.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4993 Posts

Profile of videoman
OK, I went ahead and got this and I really like it. And I have to admit dooblehorn that I’m still not clear on what you were referring to when you said the “main prop” but I can assure you that every single thing is included and ready to go straight out of the box.

I know many people are going to prefer the old tried and true bill changes such as Extreme Burn and no doubt that those are great. I’m not saying that this is going to replace EB, but there is something about an entire large stack of bills changing that just appeals to me. And I don’t consider this to just be a quick gag type of effect. DJT has put some clever thinking into this and I believe this is much more of a fooler than you might think at first glance.
The bills are very realistic too.

Not cheap but DJT had these custom made and for what all you get plus the gimmick and everything ready to go requiring no A&C on your part, I think it is a very fair price.
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
217 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Hey gang,

Thanks for the questions. I have been busy making these up to ship out. They are made by hand.. my hands. Ten Grand Prix comes ready to go straight out of the package. You'll want to break it in and practice of course. I carry this in my professional work. I wear a suit jacket and place the stack of bills into one of the inside pockets. You could put a fake hundo or a real hundred dollar bill on the back of the stack to pass out or to lead into another effect. http://djtyler.com/product/ten-grand-prix/ I don't release things that I haven't tried 1000s of times on a real lay audience. http://djtyler.com/product/ten-grand-prix/

DJT
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2114 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
This looks very nice but about 8 months ago I quit using PayPal I was wondering if this will be available at Hocus Pocus or some place that accounts are already set up with?

Good magic to all,

Eric
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2020, Diamond Jim wrote:
Hey gang,

Thanks for the questions. I have been busy making these up to ship out. They are made by hand.. my hands. Ten Grand Prix comes ready to go straight out of the package. You'll want to break it in and practice of course. I carry this in my professional work. I wear a suit jacket and place the stack of bills into one of the inside pockets. You could put a fake hundo or a real hundred dollar bill on the back of the stack to pass out or to lead into another effect. http://djtyler.com/product/ten-grand-prix/ I don't release things that I haven't tried 1000s of times on a real lay audience. http://djtyler.com/product/ten-grand-prix/

DJT

How durable are the ringers? How do they feel?
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
217 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
They are surprisingly durable. However this is not something you would hand out. Who in their right mind would hand anyone a supposed stack of $10,000 in hundreds? It makes logical sense to put it away after performing the effect. I do the effect right under peoples noses in broad daylight or in an indoor strolling or stand-up setting. Due to the visual nature of the effect it lends itself well to social media. Plus, the subject of money is always topical.

This trick is exclusive through me and I have no plans currently to alter that business decision. I have got 1000 man hours into this and selling them wholesale or at jobber price is not appealing to me right now.

So if you do not have PayPal then you can pay by Venmo, credit card or check.

DJT
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
662 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Looks great! Would also look good with foreign currency, especially if it changed colours. From fivers to fifties in Canada would go blue to red, but the polymer material would be a challenge to duplicate
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2090 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2020, videoman wrote:
OK, I went ahead and got this and I really like it. And I have to admit dooblehorn that I’m still not clear on what you were referring to when you said the “main prop” but I can assure you that every single thing is included and ready to go straight out of the box.

I know many people are going to prefer the old tried and true bill changes such as Extreme Burn and no doubt that those are great. I’m not saying that this is going to replace EB, but there is something about an entire large stack of bills changing that just appeals to me. And I don’t consider this to just be a quick gag type of effect. DJT has put some clever thinking into this and I believe this is much more of a fooler than you might think at first glance.
The bills are very realistic too.

Not cheap but DJT had these custom made and for what all you get plus the gimmick and everything ready to go requiring no A&C on your part, I think it is a very fair price.

This makes me happy you say this, because I know you are as picky as I am, LOL...I like DJT stuff, so may order soon.
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
217 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Thank you for the kind review.

Doing this with foreign currency has crossed my mind. This effect will not work with most foreign notes due to the paper and different size of denominations.

Most magicians have no idea the expense that I put up front to make this product. For all of the man hours, customization, and hand assembly that goes into making each one of these I should charge $100 for each one.
However I always try to keep my price as low as possible.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3279 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Just ordered it! I'm looking forward to getting this one!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2114 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just ordered this as well and I could tell you one thing Jim is a real good guy to talk to and I'm sure I will be ordering more items that peaked my interest on his website.
I will definitely post on here when it comes in and I've had a chance to work with it but I'm pretty excited about this looks great.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ten Grand Prix by Diamond Jim Tyler (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL