The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best Wood to use for building Small Props Like Rabbit Wringer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I am trying to repair the top lid of my rabbit wringer and do not know what type of wood to use. Please help. Thank you.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
155 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
I would suggest Poplar. Its a good stable hardwood that is on the softer side. Takes paint and stain well.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2020, Cleverpaws wrote:
I would suggest Poplar. Its a good stable hardwood that is on the softer side. Takes paint and stain well.

Thank you so much!!!!
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
155 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
If you need to replace the top panel you could use poplar which is a pretty stable wood, but you may want to use plywood like baltic birch which would have about 5 layers in 1/4" and more as it gets thicker. You can purchase small pieces at art stores like "Michaels". If you use solid wood make sure to paint both sides equally to help avoid warping. If you need a piece, let me know the size and I can send it to you.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
511 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I second Cleverpaws statement. Baltic Birch Plywood is great for building small props.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2020, Cleverpaws wrote:
If you need to replace the top panel you could use poplar which is a pretty stable wood, but you may want to use plywood like baltic birch which would have about 5 layers in 1/4" and more as it gets thicker. You can purchase small pieces at art stores like "Michaels". If you use solid wood make sure to paint both sides equally to help avoid warping. If you need a piece, let me know the size and I can send it to you.

Cleverpaws,

Great advice and thank you for the offer. Of sending the wood. Your sage advice is perfect for my needs especially about the painting on both sides.

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best Wood to use for building Small Props Like Rabbit Wringer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL