The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mask (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Good morning. Does anyone have experience with this: https://luckyfate.net/products/another-me-the-elder

Looks awesome. But is it good?

Cheers, Luc.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I keep seeing these ads pop up. They look too good to be true. I'm wondering if it would be the same disappointment I experienced ordering from the old mail order ads in the back of comic books.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I’m a mask maker (I use latex) but I do make some props using Platsil silicone which is what that ad says is used for the mask. The reason I don’t believe the pricing is that it would absolutely use more than $35 in silicone just to make it. Then, if it were done properly, would use flocking and special paint, then the hair would have to hand punched... there’s zero chance you’d actually get what you see in the ad. Probably some terribly cheap latex copy if you receive anything at all.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Actually I knew it looked familiar. The stock photos they’re using are from Immortal masks. Here is the actual mask with realistic pricing: https://immortalmasks.com/shop/fred-silicone-mask
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Thanks a lot guys. I had my doubts. I guess I will have to stick to the Silence of The Lambs method. Smile
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
That’s the cheaper way anyways.... or pull a Dwight and cut the face off of a CPR dummy.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Weepin Willie can probably get you several at a discount. They might be a little ripe, though
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I know a ton of independent mask makers plus I make stuff myself so if you’re ever interested I can point you in the right direction. My IG page is @Hestermanorhaunt. Some of my favorite mask makers on Instagram are @amongst_dead_things @infernoeffects @pumpkinpulp
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2020, Winks wrote:
Weepin Willie can probably get you several at a discount. They might be a little ripe, though

Thanks for the recommendation, but we do have cheap dental. We remove the upper and lower plates, throw them in a barrel, and charge the customer for mouth formers. You come by and sort through them, try a few on, and when you find a set that is a close fit just use a little Fix I Sent and you are good to go.

Cheaper and about the same end results.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Ralis
View Profile
New user
Horrorwood
81 Posts

Profile of Ralis
Those masks are a bait and switch technique by a Chinese company. You send them $35-65 for the mask, you are given a tracking number, then ship you an imitation N95 paper face mask or packet of seeds. so that there is record of the shipment and delivery. You get some random .30 package from china. If you try to Track your mask purchase it will say delivered. You contact to company an let them know you received the wrong item. They apologize send you a new tracking number to fake shipping website that always says “In Transit” this is buy time to steal from as many as they can before they have to shut down.

Once enough people are on to them they close the original accounts and webpage then get new ones under different names,

This is done with many items, Musical equipment, Pool Suplies, Furniture, electric bikes etc.

If it is too good to be true then it is, buyer beware
I won't just scare you
I'll F@#$ you up for life!
Ralis
www.ralisfx.com
www.deadbyday.com
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Mundus Vult Decipi...
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Yes, definitely not what you would get for that price, most silicone quality products for a full over the head are going to run in the ballpark of 500+
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mask (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL