The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricky business Ľ Ľ Covidiocy Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (72 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2304 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Landmark,

I really think it boils down to seeing the glass half empty or half full.

For example, you see Amazon as a company that 'put thousands of small business people out of businesses, underpaying their workers, and overburden an already overburdened US postal service.' I see Amazon as a company that provides a million people with jobs while creating an excellent service for its consumers. That's a million people that are paying taxes instead of collecting unemployment. That's what I mean when I say large corporations and business owners (the rich) generate billions of dollars for the government.

I could say the same about your other points. You see the rich giving to charities as sinister plot to get more money and power. I'm sure that happens, but I choose to see as amazing generosity and selflessness.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2805 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
A look at Amazonís financial statements shows it does pay taxes. In 2017, Amazon paid close to $1 billion in income tax. In 2018, the amount jumped to $1.18 billion, accounting for local, state, and international taxes.

Amazon pays plenty in terms of payroll taxes and also state and local taxes. Nor should you forget the taxes paid by Amazonís employees on their wages. Not only is that direct revenue to various levels of government, but the incidence of those taxes falls somewhat on Amazon, which now must pay higher wages to offset the tax burden faced by their employees

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniede......44a554d5

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Socialism is evil. Plus it bas failed every time it is tried.

By the way companies pay ZERO taxes. Raise taxes on a company and they pass it along in a price increase. So who pays that?

Landmark always wants to forget this in his little vision of Utopia.

Sorry landmark in this section where everyone is an entrepreneur your speeches are not going to work.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Raise taxes on a company and they pass it along in a price increase. So who pays that?


That's an interesting argument that is also brought up when minimum wage laws are discussed. And as with the minimum wage, the data generally shows that prices don't go up. Or they go up for brief periods and then go back down.

What in fact happens is that companies cannot raise prices by much because 1) demand will go down, and worse, 2) competitors willing to absorb some of the loss will force the others to match prices or else lose significant market share.

By the way, when there is a tax decrease, is it passed along to the consumer as a price decrease? Almost never.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Landmark always wants to forget this in his little vision of Utopia.


I don't consider the systems of England, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Israel, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway quite Utopia, but they do far better with medical and unemployment benefits than the US. And consequently, the effects of the virus while awful, are significantly less awful in those countries with regard to their economies. Red-baiting doesn't change that. When will Americans stand up for themselves and demand what every other Western country has?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
We are not every other country. Feel free to move if you hate it here so much and yearn for their systems so badly. I notice how nobody ever does that!

Show us the facts in unemployment and virus please. In pretty certain you're just citing socialist propaganda..
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
ďAs for Trump, he didn't listen to him, but other experts.Ē

Which experts did President Trump listen to, and what were their credentials that made them experts equal to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx?

You'll have to ask him, since I want privy to that.

Just remember that the experts said their would not be a vaccine anytime soon, but they are near.


Which experts are you referring to? Dr. Fauci said late 2020 in August. Which seems to be pretty accurate.

Sorry I missed that. I know that in October he was in the boat for next year in the summer. But so did the media and Biden. They all ripped on Trump for suggesting that a vaccine was near.

I didn't watch all his press conferences, but I would have thought the media would have grabbed that and went with it, but there was an electron so maybe they just overlooked it.


I think youíre confusing available with widespread availability. Dr. Fauci, and others have said it will be next year spring / summer before itís widely available and distributed. That hasnít changed to my knowledge.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
We are not every other country. Feel free to move if you hate it here so much and yearn for their systems so badly. I notice how nobody ever does that!

Show us the facts in unemployment and virus please. In pretty certain you're just citing socialist propaganda..


I was born in this country, love it, and want it to improve. I choose to use my rights to vote for changes that I want to see.

Why do you want people you disagree with to move out of the country Danny?
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
712 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
ďAs for Trump, he didn't listen to him, but other experts.Ē

Which experts did President Trump listen to, and what were their credentials that made them experts equal to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx?

You'll have to ask him, since I want privy to that.

Just remember that the experts said their would not be a vaccine anytime soon, but they are near.


Which experts are you referring to? Dr. Fauci said late 2020 in August. Which seems to be pretty accurate.

Sorry I missed that. I know that in October he was in the boat for next year in the summer. But so did the media and Biden. They all ripped on Trump for suggesting that a vaccine was near.

I didn't watch all his press conferences, but I would have thought the media would have grabbed that and went with it, but there was an electron so maybe they just overlooked it.


I think youíre confusing available with widespread availability. Dr. Fauci, and others have said it will be next year spring / summer before itís widely available and distributed. That hasnít changed to my knowledge.

Just looked at a piece from October. He said he was optimistic for a vaccine by the end of the year, but it would not be distributed until next year. That still falls in line with what I had heard in the past. I never heard anyone talk about widespread availability only those who would be first to recieve it.

I should also put in that I don't watch the news constantly I am busy with my work and family.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
ďAs for Trump, he didn't listen to him, but other experts.Ē

Which experts did President Trump listen to, and what were their credentials that made them experts equal to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx?

You'll have to ask him, since I want privy to that.

Just remember that the experts said their would not be a vaccine anytime soon, but they are near.


Which experts are you referring to? Dr. Fauci said late 2020 in August. Which seems to be pretty accurate.

Sorry I missed that. I know that in October he was in the boat for next year in the summer. But so did the media and Biden. They all ripped on Trump for suggesting that a vaccine was near.

I didn't watch all his press conferences, but I would have thought the media would have grabbed that and went with it, but there was an electron so maybe they just overlooked it.


I think youíre confusing available with widespread availability. Dr. Fauci, and others have said it will be next year spring / summer before itís widely available and distributed. That hasnít changed to my knowledge.

Just looked at a piece from October. He said he was optimistic for a vaccine by the end of the year, but it would not be distributed until next year. That still falls in line with what I had heard in the past. I never heard anyone talk about widespread availability only those who would be first to recieve it.

I should also put in that I don't watch the news constantly I am busy with my work and family.


Right.. which is correct. Available end of the year, distributed in 2021. So Dr. Fauci was correct.

I donít watch the news constantly, I just donít like it when people say things that are not correct.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
We are not every other country. Feel free to move if you hate it here so much and yearn for their systems so badly. I notice how nobody ever does that!

Show us the facts in unemployment and virus please. In pretty certain you're just citing socialist propaganda..


I was born in this country, love it, and want it to improve. I choose to use my rights to vote for changes that I want to see.

Why do you want people you disagree with to move out of the country Danny?


Wasn't talking to you. Landmark is constantly saying how much better other socialist societes are. So why not just go instead of constantly complaining?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
We are not every other country. Feel free to move if you hate it here so much and yearn for their systems so badly. I notice how nobody ever does that!

Show us the facts in unemployment and virus please. In pretty certain you're just citing socialist propaganda..


I was born in this country, love it, and want it to improve. I choose to use my rights to vote for changes that I want to see.

Why do you want people you disagree with to move out of the country Danny?



Wasn't talking to you. Landmark is constantly saying how much better other socialist societes are. So why not just go instead of constantly complaining?


Well I canít speak for him, but perhaps he wants to use his voice and his rights to vote to make this country better. Thatís what I think all Americans should have the desire to do.

Iíll ask again, Do you think people who donít agree with you politically should leave the country? Thatís how I took your response to landmark but if I read too much into it, Iíd like to know.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
712 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
ďAs for Trump, he didn't listen to him, but other experts.Ē

Which experts did President Trump listen to, and what were their credentials that made them experts equal to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx?

You'll have to ask him, since I want privy to that.

Just remember that the experts said their would not be a vaccine anytime soon, but they are near.


Which experts are you referring to? Dr. Fauci said late 2020 in August. Which seems to be pretty accurate.

Sorry I missed that. I know that in October he was in the boat for next year in the summer. But so did the media and Biden. They all ripped on Trump for suggesting that a vaccine was near.

I didn't watch all his press conferences, but I would have thought the media would have grabbed that and went with it, but there was an electron so maybe they just overlooked it.


I think youíre confusing available with widespread availability. Dr. Fauci, and others have said it will be next year spring / summer before itís widely available and distributed. That hasnít changed to my knowledge.

Just looked at a piece from October. He said he was optimistic for a vaccine by the end of the year, but it would not be distributed until next year. That still falls in line with what I had heard in the past. I never heard anyone talk about widespread availability only those who would be first to recieve it.

I should also put in that I don't watch the news constantly I am busy with my work and family.


Right.. which is correct. Available end of the year, distributed in 2021. So Dr. Fauci was correct.

I donít watch the news constantly, I just donít like it when people say things that are not correct.


I don't believe I was incorrect. I really think it comes down to the constant changing in What is and isn't. There is a lot of flip flopping. Once again he said he was optimistic on it coming at the end of the year, not confident it would be.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, thomasR wrote:
ďAs for Trump, he didn't listen to him, but other experts.Ē

Which experts did President Trump listen to, and what were their credentials that made them experts equal to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx?

You'll have to ask him, since I want privy to that.

Just remember that the experts said their would not be a vaccine anytime soon, but they are near.


Which experts are you referring to? Dr. Fauci said late 2020 in August. Which seems to be pretty accurate.

Sorry I missed that. I know that in October he was in the boat for next year in the summer. But so did the media and Biden. They all ripped on Trump for suggesting that a vaccine was near.

I didn't watch all his press conferences, but I would have thought the media would have grabbed that and went with it, but there was an electron so maybe they just overlooked it.


I think youíre confusing available with widespread availability. Dr. Fauci, and others have said it will be next year spring / summer before itís widely available and distributed. That hasnít changed to my knowledge.

Just looked at a piece from October. He said he was optimistic for a vaccine by the end of the year, but it would not be distributed until next year. That still falls in line with what I had heard in the past. I never heard anyone talk about widespread availability only those who would be first to recieve it.

I should also put in that I don't watch the news constantly I am busy with my work and family.


Right.. which is correct. Available end of the year, distributed in 2021. So Dr. Fauci was correct.

I donít watch the news constantly, I just donít like it when people say things that are not correct.


I don't believe I was incorrect. I really think it comes down to the constant changing in What is and isn't. There is a lot of flip flopping. Once again he said he was optimistic on it coming at the end of the year, not confident it would be.


What about that is incorrect? None of us are mind readers. Oh wait... except we are on this site!!!!

It still hasnít been approved in the USA, if all goes well it will be soon but thatís still being optimistic. Several boxes have to be checked still.
1 delay would send it into early 2021.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
712 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but you said you didn't like it when people were not correct. I thought that was directed at my post.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
We are not every other country. Feel free to move if you hate it here so much and yearn for their systems so badly. I notice how nobody ever does that!

Show us the facts in unemployment and virus please. In pretty certain you're just citing socialist propaganda..


I was born in this country, love it, and want it to improve. I choose to use my rights to vote for changes that I want to see.

Why do you want people you disagree with to move out of the country Danny?



Wasn't talking to you. Landmark is constantly saying how much better other socialist societes are. So why not just go instead of constantly complaining?


Well I canít speak for him, but perhaps he wants to use his voice and his rights to vote to make this country better. Thatís what I think all Americans should have the desire to do.

Iíll ask again, Do you think people who donít agree with you politically should leave the country? Thatís how I took your response to landmark but if I read too much into it, Iíd like to know.

If you took it that way that is totally on you. I never said or implied anything but what I just said. It was a statement of his right to move, not a demand.

But go ahead and pretend anything you want.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but you said you didn't like it when people were not correct. I thought that was directed at my post.


You said ďJust remember that the experts said their would not be a vaccine anytime soon, but they are near.Ē

I asked if you were referring to Dr. Fauci. The current timeline is exactly what he predicted.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You just are determined to argue with everyone aren't you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, thomasR wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
We are not every other country. Feel free to move if you hate it here so much and yearn for their systems so badly. I notice how nobody ever does that!

Show us the facts in unemployment and virus please. In pretty certain you're just citing socialist propaganda..


I was born in this country, love it, and want it to improve. I choose to use my rights to vote for changes that I want to see.

Why do you want people you disagree with to move out of the country Danny?



Wasn't talking to you. Landmark is constantly saying how much better other socialist societes are. So why not just go instead of constantly complaining?


Well I canít speak for him, but perhaps he wants to use his voice and his rights to vote to make this country better. Thatís what I think all Americans should have the desire to do.

Iíll ask again, Do you think people who donít agree with you politically should leave the country? Thatís how I took your response to landmark but if I read too much into it, Iíd like to know.

If you took it that way that is totally on you. I never said or implied anything but what I just said. It was a statement of his right to move, not a demand.

But go ahead and pretend anything you want.


Sorry I took it the wrong way. Thatís why I asked for clarity. Youíll be in my thoughts, sorry you seem to be upset by my participation in this thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricky business Ľ Ľ Covidiocy Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (72 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL