We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19~20~21 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
596 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
596 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Obviously the vanish is a standard vanish of a ring? Again an edited performance...
magikmax
View Profile
New user
Scotland
82 Posts

Profile of magikmax
Not sure that's the biggest problem - the keys sit at a very unnatural angle on the key ring when he's displaying it (if the spectator's ring is at 6 o'clock, it looks like the keys are at 4 or 5 o'clock). I'll stick to my Pro-Flite by Nick Einhorn.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
596 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
There’s a couple of full unedited performances posted at the bottom of the product page.
mmbob
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mmbob
I think this looks great, I’ve got an idea of how it works and I think the ring being on the loop looks great because everyone knows how difficult it is to get your keys on and off those spiral loops.
magikmax
View Profile
New user
Scotland
82 Posts

Profile of magikmax
You beat me to it, I just noticed that and was trying to edit my post. The vanish is standard, and looks like it works just fine in the routine. To be fair, for someone that is looking for a standard ring flight at a very reasonable price, providing the gimmick is up to scratch, this should tick the boxes. It's no Ring Flight Revolution beater, but I don't think it's claiming to be...
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
596 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. I have Ring Flight Revolution, but I also wanted something compact that I can have on me as a part of my every day carry when I’m not gigging. Hopefully it won’t disappoint.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looks really great in the unedited performances imo Gaz 🙂
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3080 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Wow that visual link is sick ! forget the ring flight the link is what sold me ! but Ill take both effects .
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
917 Posts

Profile of scott0819
This looks good to me. Yes, you lose the visual (sometimes awkward) vanish of a traditional ring flight but I'll happily take that if this is:
- Durable
- Easy to load
- Can be handled briefly by a spectator
- Can be everyday carry

Roddie McGhie released Flight 101 not too long ago which looks similar in performance but I didn't like that the finger ring was linked to a separate keyring; this solves that issue.
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
I do have some questions about the gimmick, and whether it's something that could be examined afterwards (I would guess not) or if you'd want to put it back in your pocket before they have a chance to ask. But I also have a concern that might seem strange. The fact that the spectators know that it is rather difficult to take a key on and off a key ring, while it may be a selling point for the effect, it's also a concern for me. While I know the ring can be easily and safely be taken on and off the gimmick key ring, from a spectator's point of view, if I were convinced that my (possibly valuable) ring was linked to a standard key ring, I would be concerned about it being scraped/scratched in the process of it being taken off. Like I said, that obviously isn't a problem with the gimmicked ring, but the spectator wouldn't know that.
Maybe I'm just weird, but that was a concern that immediately popped into my head watching the demo.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
There is no worries there imo , firstly they are offering to let you borrow their ring ( they don’t have to ) . Secondly it’s completely undamaged at the conclusion so they won’t have any problems anyway . You are worrying over nothing imho Gaz 🙂
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
596 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I actually had the same thought Bundleofstix. You’re making removing the ring more difficult than it actually is and while you’re not actually doing it, the thought of the ring grinding against a tight key ring is a bit disconcerting.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
596 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Like Gaz said though, while it did cross my mind, I doubt it’ll be an issue.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Once this becomes available in the UK I am going to pick this one up for sure . I am a big fan of Toms performing style and teaching too Gaz 🙂
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
Wonder has this compares to Roddy McGhie's Flight 101? Looks like this can be displayed more cleaner that Flight 101. Plus it's $10.00 cheaper. Looking forward to some reviews.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1424 Posts

Profile of Jared
I liked the look of this as well. So, I took the plunge. I previously owned Roddy's Flight 101, but didn't care for it because the handling seemed a bit too knacky for my taste. This looks cleaner and I also like the simplicity of the key ring itself (no distracting fobs that didn't reflect my personality).
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4180 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Flight 101 was terrible and way overpriced. This looks much better.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This looks really good. I ordered. Love ring flights.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Will ellusionist ship to the UK with their $9 US flat rate shipping ? Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL