We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..19~20~21 [Next]
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
So the reason Gazoo said what he said makes sense as he later wrote he performs for family, friends etc....yes of course those folks always want to touch and grab right?
Anyway I have this now and I'm really loving that load method! Much easier than pro flight for sure. I went and added that "swivel dealy bopper" to it and it works nice with
that feature. This is gonna be fun when the world opens up again Smile
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1948 Posts

Profile of Daren
I love this! I used to perform RFR and not once did anyone ask to examine it, I think the spectators will be far too stunned by their ring on the key ring to ask to examine it, they can see their ring linked very cleanly nothing to hide! This has got to be up there with trick of the year!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I do love this. But I can't lie, That Daiver Non guy might have a point. 😄😄
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1948 Posts

Profile of Daren
I received this today and didn't disappoint at all! I love it! imagine using a quiver wallet also, (I think it got mentioned earlier in this thread) take ring and show wallet empty, say you will make there ring vanish and appear inside the wallet, vanish ring, show wallet and inside is a key, ah if that's my key then on my key ring must be your ring, voila! killer!
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
395 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
I'm hoping mine didn't get lost along the way or I'll have to wait until it's restocked.

I ordered mine on Sunday and according to USPS it's been in Pre-shipment since Monday indicating that they are still waiting to receive it. My Ellusionist order says completed on the website. Color me confused.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Iíve had several orders of various things lately say pre-shipment until the day itís delivered and then suddenly change to out for delivery.
USPS has been throttled down for political reasons and status updates seem to be affected quite a bit.

Your order is very likely on its way to you.
mrtricky
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
58 Posts

Profile of mrtricky
Received this in the mail yesterday, and must be honest - the simplicity of it is it's secret weapon! What a brilliant solution to a classic mystery. Whether pro or beginner, it's easily within your ability to master and pull off. This goes to the top of the list for effect of the year in my book.

Addressing the thread about being able to be examined... I think all too often, magicians over-think the steps of an effect. Of course your audience is smart. That's a given. However, the objects in play are everyday common - we ALL have them in our pockets/purses. The old adage of: 'if nobody's chasing... stop running' applies here. The effect is impossible to a layman... let it sink in. Go ahead, give them a tug on the ring to show it's actually on that keychain - let it marinate - and then take an appropriate amount of time to take it off. All eyes are on the ring.

Steve thought of, and addressed everything. #Brilliant!
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
395 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2020, videoman wrote:
Iíve had several orders of various things lately say pre-shipment until the day itís delivered and then suddenly change to out for delivery.
USPS has been throttled down for political reasons and status updates seem to be affected quite a bit.

Your order is very likely on its way to you.

Thanks for the reassurance. I've had a few things get delayed by a day or two but this is the first time I've had something appear to be stuck like that. I'll give it a few more days before contacting anyone. Thanks again.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2578 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey guys, thought I would share a ring vanish, not that you need one. I use this with napkins and handkerchiefs especially table hopping or roaming around. Place the ring under the said item and you can put it on your pinky or palm it and in the process pinch a little of the handkerchief and roll between your thumb and finger creating like a small mini log. This takes literally a second. If you hand the handkerchief to a spectator, it feels like ax ring. It's an amazing vanish. I've used it literally 1000's of times. Enjoy or not.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1780 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I like the vanish used in the demo videos.
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
198 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Well, waited too long to pull the trigger and now I have to wait until October.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Probably Sansmind greatest product vanishing ring ( which I have ) will be my favourite way to go with this . There are so many options and for casual performances though any false transfer , French drop or the one Tom does in one of the demos ( itís name escapes me ) where you just literally drop it in your hand below works well Gaz 🙂
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I've never used a "Devil's Hank". Any thoughts on sources to learn more? (I know, it should be basic stuff we all know.)
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Devils hank is a great way to vanish a ring or small object but then it's uhh gone! kinda can't get it back Smile
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Probably Sansmind greatest product vanishing ring ( which I have ) will be my favourite way to go with this . There are so many options and for casual performances though any false transfer , French drop or the one Tom does in one of the demos ( itís name escapes me ) where you just literally drop it in your hand below works well Gaz 🙂

Yeah love mine too! I really would love to get another one
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Got mine today. In regards to the snagging I happened to be wearing some jersey knit shorts (similar to sweats) and I had a heck of a time getting it into position and then literally could not get it off. These pants have a thick pocket hem and the material is kind of grabby. Literally had to take off my shorts to get the key ring off, and it was still very difficult because I didnít want to damage my shorts or the brand new product.

The part of the key ring opposite the small key is much sharper than it should be, at least on mine. But I realize that in order to keep the price low they cut corners and leave it up to the purchaser if need be. Thatís okay, Iím fine with that. I took a Dremel to mine and it took all of 30 seconds to make it smooth and rounded.

Although similar in loading in many ways to ProFlite I find it to be much, much easier, and overall way less fiddly. I like it so much better. The examinability aspect is not a factor at all to me.

I really like this concept a lot. I wouldnít argue with anyone voting for it for TOTY.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
710 Posts

Profile of dman11
Time to Charge up the dremel
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2611 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
Got mine today. In regards to the snagging I happened to be wearing some jersey knit shorts (similar to sweats) and I had a heck of a time getting it into position and then literally could not get it off. These pants have a thick pocket hem and the material is kind of grabby. Literally had to take off my shorts to get the key ring off, and it was still very difficult because I didnít want to damage my shorts or the brand new product.

The part of the key ring opposite the small key is much sharper than it should be, at least on mine. But I realize that in order to keep the price low they cut corners and leave it up to the purchaser if need be. Thatís okay, Iím fine with that. I took a Dremel to mine and it took all of 30 seconds to make it smooth and rounded.

Although similar in loading in many ways to ProFlite I find it to be much, much easier, and overall way less fiddly. I like it so much better. The examinability aspect is not a factor at all to me.

I really like this concept a lot. I wouldnít argue with anyone voting for it for TOTY.

Tom has a great suggestion on how to eliminate the chance of it snagging which should work on the shorts you're describing - did you see that in the video?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
710 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2020, WitchDocChris wrote:
Quote:

Tom has a great suggestion on how to eliminate the chance of it snagging which should work on the shorts you're describing - did you see that in the video?

Are we not allowed to mention exactly what that is here? I have something I'd like to add to it here that may be helpful to some.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2611 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
As a policy I tend not to mention any part of a product's instructions video on an open forum.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL