The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
This looks like it has the potential to be a very cool gimmick that could potentially be used in many ways. Could possibly be used similar to Sankey's 3 Ring Circus?

I owned Flight 101 but I returned it so quickly that honestly the only thing I remember about it is that I thought it was ridiculously overpriced half-baked junk.
Hopefully, this will be more to my liking. But I’ll still wait for some reviews.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I bought it. I’ve been looking for a reliable ring flight that can take a beating. Hopefully this is the answer.

Madison
Andy W
View Profile
New user
Chicago
39 Posts

Profile of Andy W
Honestly, I would not trust it.

at least not with COVID around. you might get the package like 3 months later. haha

Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Will ellusionist ship to the UK with their $9 US flat rate shipping ? Gaz 🙂
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
703 Posts

Profile of dman11
When does ellusionist put the tutorials in your account? I know with Penguin its instantly in your account when you buy something but nothing in my account yet with this .
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
906 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, dman11 wrote:
When does ellusionist put the tutorials in your account? I know with Penguin its instantly in your account when you buy something but nothing in my account yet with this .

Usually only once the product ships.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
546 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
I saw this today and I was very impressed by the performance video. Being a card/coin guy, I have almost zero experience with these gimmicks. I remember owning a ring flight gimmick years ago, probably one of the early prototypes that came out and it wasn't very good. I think I'm going to take the plunge on this. Not sure if anyone can answer this here (if not feel free to PM me), does this work based off of a reel? Thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
mattdilley
View Profile
New user
Indiana
7 Posts

Profile of mattdilley
I thought the same thing. It’s not my account either. I also have a shipping confirmation.

Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, dman11 wrote:
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, mrmagik68 wrote:
I saw this today and I was very impressed by the performance video. Being a card/coin guy, I have almost zero experience with these gimmicks. I remember owning a ring flight gimmick years ago, probably one of the early prototypes that came out and it wasn't very good. I think I'm going to take the plunge on this. Not sure if anyone can answer this here (if not feel free to PM me), does this work based off of a reel? Thanks!

Roberto

Not this one.

Madison
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
546 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Cool. Thanks MadisonH!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of Daren
Nice ending for a ring and string routine, you have that time misdirection when you do the Clifton ring move part of the ring and string routine
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4930 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Great idea Daren it will go great with the Clifton ring move Gaz 👍🙂
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
This looks amazing! I use Departure by Chris Smith and have had great success with it. I do however only use it when I'm wearing the correct clothing or if I'm in a noisy environment.

After seeing the full uncut performance of Flite and understanding what needs to happen, I think this may suit my performance style more and I'll be more confident when using someone's expensive ring. I also get the feeling that the gimmick does make the entire effect seem more impossible as the ring isn't attached to something with a clasp/latch.

The only thing holding me back may be shipping to South Africa :- |
Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
Quote:

To germany they do... so they should ship to the uk aswell.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4930 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you for the heads up Oliver 👍🙂 Gaz
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5486 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, MadisonH wrote:
I bought it. I’ve been looking for a reliable ring flight that can take a beating. Hopefully this is the answer.

Madison

Did you ever use Ring Flight Revolution? I can't remember how many times I have used RFR and it still is going strong and never failed. So well made.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Loved my RFR Sad to say I lost it last year at a wedding. Still butt hurt to this day.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2608 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:

Yes, the $9 flat rate applies to the UK too. Covid is still causing delays, though - on the US side there's delays in the ISCs as there is very limited space on the freight flights on the UK side there are delays in customs processing.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, RNK wrote:

Did you ever use Ring Flight Revolution? I can't remember how many times I have used RFR and it still is going strong and never failed. So well made.

No I’ve never been a fan of the ring being clipped onto a carabiner on a key ring. I think Flight may be exactly what I’ve been searching for Smile

Madison
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5486 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ah, ok. Do you not like using the clip due to worrying it might damage the ring or is it more about you think the effect is diminished with using the clip? Because I can tell you that the clip makes no difference to the audience. People go absolutely crazy and I mean CRAZY over it when your keys come out and they see their ring clipped to their keys.

I do think Flite looks fabulous as well!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I think for me (speaking to that issue), I never liked the semi-awkward moment to clip it with reels. Always looked rushed and awkward when I saw others do it.

So I always felt guilty myself. But yes, ring flight Revolution is the king of them all.

But I got this as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL