The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, Stephen Thompson wrote:
Hi everyone

It can be hardwork to read through all the posts on a thread. In Flite's case there are now 15pages of discussion. So I've compressed it all below.

Got mine. Delighted. Trick Of The Year!!
the quality is incredible and the method is just pure genius
Just received this and I love it.
this really is an amazing product
itís an absolute killer
Wow that visual link is sick !
this is brilliant the load is super quick and very very deceptive
my go to prop for this effect
this will blow there socks off!
You will love it
Got it. Love it. Brilliant.
Solves so many details you may have previously nitpicked about.
Very excited to add this in my EDC.
fantastic
Absolutely love it
Flite is indeed a real-worker and is therefore highly recommended.
itís worth every cent
Very well made and clever. Works as advertised.
this is more natural looking and load is definitely fast and clean.
the link on is great
it's really good. Not finicky, quick and pretty clean. For $30 I think it's a steal. Don't think "James Bond" techno wizardry or gadgetry, think clever, quality, simplicity.
the trailer and demos are very fair and straightforward,
I don't think a quicker and simpler design is possible than what we now have with Flite.
Flite is the fastest/easiest load Iíve ever seen with a ring flight and you can do very visual open links you canít do with other versions
very reasonably priced
itís brilliant
This thing ticks all of the boxes
Highly recommended.
takes up less pocket space
it looks perfect
You wonít be disappointed I cannot see this being bettered in method , ease of use and the final reveal .
The fact that this is so easy and is really on the one and only key ring puts this on another level
I liked it so much that I immediately ordered a second unit
The simplicity, excellence, and value of this device is extraordinary.
IMO this deserves to be in consideration for 'Trick of the Year'.
it really is quite brilliant.
this checks all the boxes and looks so convincing.
you can add more keys to the ring
This thing is amazing. The gimmick is very well-made and very easy to use and to be honest way better than any other ring flight I have ever used. Like it says in the instructions itís more like a linking ring than an actual ring flight.
The illusion is perfect.
The video with the instructions was very well-made and easy to follow and really fun to watch.
This truly is outstanding value, is extremely deceptive, easy-to-perform,
absolutely deserves to be in the running for 'Trick of the year'. I cannot imagine anybody not heaping praise on this.
I think this is exceptional and ticks every single box .
Itís practical to carry , itís super easy to do and the illusion is absolutely perfect .
Added to that from the one I have seen itís very well made and durable , I honestly think this is the holy grail of methods for a non reel ring flight .
all have to say is WOW! the fact that you can vanish the ring and make it appear on the KEYRING in a spectators hand is killer. The reset is super easy.
This could be a strong contender for Trick Of The Year.
Delighted. Trick Of The Year!!
It's about as fair as it gets.
I just received this and I love it
Just got mine today. I honestly believe this to be the final chapter on ring flight methods in my opinion. Simplicity at its finest. Quality gimmick. And way better than I expected.
I'm really loving that load method! Much easier than pro flight for sure.
I love this!
This has got to be up there with trick of the year!
I received this today and didn't disappoint at all! I love it!
Received this in the mail yesterday, and must be honest - the simplicity of it is it's secret weapon! What a brilliant solution to a classic mystery. Whether pro or beginner, it's easily within your ability to master and pull off. This goes to the top of the list for effect of the year in my book.
Steve thought of, and addressed everything. #Brilliant!
Just had my first performance with it. Wonderful reaction!
Received, can only agree with all the positive comments already here above. Simple & quite smart , the overall design. Recommended
I must say I'm really impressed with this.
it's real is a no-brainer
Flite is hands-down the best overall value of any magic prop that I've purchased this year. It is also one of the few items that I can honestly say that I'll be keeping in my pocket (to-be-ready) for any casual performing situations that arise.
A part of my everyday carry for sure. Clean, quick and easy.
certainty it will replace my ring flight
Itís a sensational effect and the best ring flight solution out there and even way better than any reel and non reel
version I have ever seen in 40 years of magic . 100% easy and something you will do a lot as itís jaw dropping
this has replaced my other ring flight! I will be ordering another
I have to say that I think it is the best ring flight there is. I really do not see how anyone would be displeased. I love it through and through and I am extremely happy with the purchase.

This just sounds like an advert for the product 😂😂
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
The most disappointing thing with it is you can't use it as an everyday keyring.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, warren wrote:
The most disappointing thing with it is you can't use it as an everyday keyring.

That's strange because I do.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, drumdemon420 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, warren wrote:

That's strange because I do.

I'll send a pm later so as not to expose anything if that's ok
MagicVin
View Profile
Regular user
Staten Island, New York
183 Posts

Profile of MagicVin
Well after reading 16 pages of all of your thoughts I guess I should just order it and see if it will work for me ... Iím really looking to pick up things that are every day carry things that I would have anyway like a Necklace or keying something Iím carrying anyway that lets me do magic when I havenít planned on it ... if this can replace my current keyring which looks exactly like this gimmick (just a ring with some keys on it (and a bottle opener) than it should be perfect.
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1241 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I don't own this, but studied it. And may still get it. With that said, I have heard that this might not fit the definition of EDC in the traditional sense like an EDC wallet is usually understood. Am I incorrect?
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4439 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You could use this as everyday carry but I personally wouldnít use it as my everyday key ring . The reason is I am super protective over my props and as their is a small set up on positioning on this I would have this in my inside jacket pocket and set it just prior performance . There are times with my front door / car keys set where I put them any pocket and if you constantly shove this in you back pocket and sit down on them you could eventually damage the gimmick . So even with magic wallets I donít use them as everyday but to the spectator they would think it was my everyday as they are filled with old credit cards and receipts and the odd fake bank note etc etc . Best wishes Gaz 😊
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
755 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, RedDevil wrote:
I don't own this, but studied it. And may still get it. With that said, I have heard that this might not fit the definition of EDC in the traditional sense like an EDC wallet is usually understood. Am I incorrect?

Yes, you're basically right. I've seen some people say that they do use it as an EDC, but there are significant tradeoffs if you do -- mostly in comfort. Possibly you could use it as an EDC depending on how you carry your keys. But as someone who carries them in a front pocket normally, this... wouldn't be great for that. While I'm very happy with it, I don't see how I'd ever use it as my actual key chain. EDC wallets are basically wallets with unique properties, which don't get in the way of using it as a wallet. Flite is amazing, but part of what makes it work makes it difficult to use as an EDC key chain.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Have read many of the praises here and also watched some videos and have to say that the process of getting the ring on the key ring looks extremely easy and fast but the two keys, a very small and a large black, look unnaturally stiff and immobile, I do not like this at all and I can not imagine that the spectator does not also find this strange when he wants to release his ring from the key ring again.
MagicVin
View Profile
Regular user
Staten Island, New York
183 Posts

Profile of MagicVin
I can be wrong since mine has not arrived yet but from what I gathered here so far, I do not think the spectator can take their ring off I think you have to take it off and hand it back to them.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1822 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, MagicVin wrote:
I can be wrong since mine has not arrived yet but from what I gathered here so far, I do not think the spectator can take their ring off I think you have to take it off and hand it back to them.

That's absolutely correct
Ben
MagicVin
View Profile
Regular user
Staten Island, New York
183 Posts

Profile of MagicVin
I donít see a problem with it. From the videos I have see if you put another key or 2 on the ring no one will even remember there is a key with a black thing or a little key (never mind what angle they where sitting at) They will be so focused on the fact that THEIR ring is ON your key ring. Thinking to them self ďit takes me 10 minutes to get a key on those dam rings how did he do that?!?!Ē You could probably have some one walk an elephant past you in that moment and the spectator wouldnít notice it. .... I canít wait till mine gets here.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4439 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Itís brilliant and I donít even use the supplied black key but thatís not because of its appearance as it looks great . I simply have mine working slightly differently but itís a 5 star effect straight out of the box imho I love it Gaz 😊
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1467 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Itís brilliant and I donít even use the supplied black key but thatís not because of its appearance as it looks great . I simply have mine working slightly differently but itís a 5 star effect straight out of the box imho I love it Gaz 😊

It absolutely is great, and now I gotta hear your particular variation!
thecromulent
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
265 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
Thinking to them self ďit takes me 10 minutes to get a key on those dam rings how did he do that?!?!Ē

Along these lines, I'd love to hear people's thoughts about how to get the ring _off_ the keychain. We all know how tricky those split keyrings can be in real life, and I don't feel like the video spends enough time showing how to convincingly remove the ring.

Evan
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1822 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I think the idea is that you just take it off without emphasizing on it too much. Just casually do the move of sliding the ring off the keyring and hand it back (I think that's what the instructions mention?)

And to be fully transparent I actually have a little problem with that... HOWEVER I must admit that having done it quite a few times now people have never questioned that. I wonder though whether they might not worry it might damage their ring (and not say it). But again never had anyone question this.
Ben
MagicVin
View Profile
Regular user
Staten Island, New York
183 Posts

Profile of MagicVin
Even if the thought passes their mind and they think ďI hope he is carefulĒ or ďI hope that doesnít hurt my ringĒ once they have it back and see that itís is in fact unharmed it shouldnít be an issue
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4439 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I find the taking off never gets questioned as I think itís so obviously on there and they are so stunned it really isnít an issue . Having said that I find the bluff rotating looks really convincing anyway . I done it 100 times in front of a mirror and I could see from an audiences perspective all looked just as it should . I love this effect and although it goes well with the vanishing ring box or indeed any vanish for that matter I use it most of the time with the Quiver purse as per Darens great idea on this thread . Best wishes Gaz 😊
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1822 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
Even if the thought passes their mind and they think ďI hope he is carefulĒ or ďI hope that doesnít hurt my ringĒ once they have it back and see that itís is in fact unharmed it shouldnít be an issue

Yup!
Ben
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
So all's well that ends well. Ben, I'm pleased that you became aware of Flite and are loving it as much as the rest of us. As far as removing the ring, it's sort of similar to displaying the key ring in the linking rings where you create the illusion that you're rotating the ring without actually doing so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL