We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
Osyris706
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
I haven't used this yet for ring flight because it the set up isn't working very well for me yet. But I've worked out an awesome routine where I link and unlink my key with a specs keys. Haha
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It has to be the easy ring flite in history so I cannot see why you are having a problem ? Gaz 😊
PaulW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of PaulW
I am using Flite with Rattled by Dan Hauss. Heat is off the load as spectator is playing with the bottle top when this happens. They can also hear the ring under the top after key ring is brought into play, excellent combination
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2021, PaulW wrote:
I am using Flite with Rattled by Dan Hauss. Heat is off the load as spectator is playing with the bottle top when this happens. They can also hear the ring under the top after key ring is brought into play, excellent combination

Hey Paul, that sounds like a neat idea. Thanks for sharing!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree thatís a great idea thank you Gaz 😊
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think it would be great idea combining the two!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Excellent idea Paul. Thanks for sharing
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
199 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Rattled is a good combo and I've tried it with a man's ring. Since this is a zero tension "safe" Ring flite I don't feel nervous about using an expensive ladies ring with a thin band but I wouldn't want to rattle it so I've been using a Vanishing Ring Hanky. It gives you the same delay and no heat on the load because they think they're still holding their Ring and they can feel it.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes good point but thatís the same as taking the ring with one hand (French drop) and loading and giving them your keys to hold as an insurance policy. There is no heat on the load as they still think their ring is in your closed fist at that point. With my locked variation Iíve added to this there is no worries about them holding the keys as there is nothing they can possibly find. Really great effect this and so so easy which ever route you choose to go down Gaz 😊
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
199 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Are you saying there is no difference between telling them their ring is inside you're closed fist and them actually holding it themselves while you're trying to do the dirty work?

I don't think its necessary because the standard routine does work well but it is not the same. Just wanted to post a fun way I've been varying things. Take it or leave it.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No real difference at all ( infact the hanky is slightly weaker) as I have and used the any ring hanky by Richard Sanders and itís great but why are you covering it in a hanky for them to hold? They would surely just hold it uncovered right? So my way if done well they truly believe itís in my hand and the natural moment of grabbing my keys is a natural movement . Covering their ring with a hanky works well but is more unnatural as there is a why there imo? For that reason I think itís a good way but not the best way. You canít go wrong with this effect whichever way you choose do it imho Gaz 😊
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
199 Posts

Profile of langston3711
Why close your hand into a fist after the French Drop? You would just hold it on your open palm uncovered right? There's no way using the hanky is weaker than a french drop. Most laymen will guess that if it wasn't in one hand then it was in the one that you used to grab the keys, no matter how clean your french drop is, unless they assure themselves that its actually in another place, which the hanky helps to accomplish.
~Teller
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Iím not arguing with you but I disagree. I think the handkerchief is a good second best for sleight of hand and to be fair I think you know that really if you are being totally honest with yourself Gaz 😊
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
And here is my (late) review on this project, very good indeed! 🥰

Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
JayCee0919
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of JayCee0919
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, Alex DLF wrote:

Thanks! I agree with you entirely....simplicity is key! (See what I did there?) Smile

I enjoy your reviews, so thanks for this one!
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Supersmooth_ Magic
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, Alex DLF wrote:

Merci pour le review! Smile

I have the Immaculate Ring Flight and I use Nest of Wallets as well as the Vanishing Ring by Sans Minds.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1141 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Bit late to the party, but performed this for the first time this weekend.

Iíve added two house type keys plus a large hinged clip (called a carabiner) set up as follows;

Small key - largest key, next key, carabiner, plastic covered key

The largest key has a wide body section which helps in my handling as follows.

I love the handing of the keys to a spectator to hold, and this set up letís me display the keys openly whilst holding the carabiner - the ring when loaded sits right in the middle of the key set and the large key hides the ring perfectly from the spectator front on. I simply ask them to hold the keys with the carabiner poking out the top of their closed fist.

To perform, as the ring is loaded the keys fall into your right hand and itís a simple matter of locating the large carabiner with your right thumb and then dropping the keys - the ring is hidden right in the centre of the cluster. Then itís handed to the spec to hold.

Itís a killer! Love it. Hope this all makes senseÖ.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Supersmooth_ Magic
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

Iíve added two house type keys plus a large hinged clip (called a carabiner) set up as follows;

I love the handing of the keys to a spectator to hold, and this set up letís me display the keys openly whilst holding the carabiner - the ring when loaded sits right in the middle of the key set and the large key hides the ring perfectly from the spectator front on. I simply ask them to hold the keys with the carabiner poking out the top of their closed fist.

To perform, as the ring is loaded the keys fall into your right hand and itís a simple matter of locating the large carabiner with your right thumb and then dropping the keys - the ring is hidden right in the centre of the cluster. Then itís handed to the spec to hold.

Is the gimmick invisible to the audience? Can it be done at close up?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1141 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Yes the gimmick is hidden and yes itís for close up
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

Thanks for sharing this Sean! Love the idea of the large key! (and I think I see what you mean)

If one day you happen to video yourself performing it Iíd love to see that! Smile

Cheers,
Ben
Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL