We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19~20~21 [Next]
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Livermore, CA
568 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Do you have a link to the Quiver wallet you're talking about.

I see a few different wallets.

There's the quiver card to wallet by Patrick Kuhn, but I'm thinking you mean the Quiver (or Quiver+?) by Kelvin Chow.

Dave
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quiver original small purse by Kelvin Chow , regards Gaz 🙂

https://www.propdog.co.uk/Quiver-Kelvin-Chow
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Livermore, CA
568 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Thanks Gaz, found it on Meir's site.

Dave
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think by adding extra keys and even the recommended clasp the ring would go unnoticed by spectators, and the appearance in a spectators hand is always an extremely powerful and memorable effect.

I like the Quiver idea but I think it looks better on paper whereas the ring appearing in the specs hand would have more impact in real life.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes Bill for spectators at gigs I will certainly at times put the keys in another persons hands and other times do the quiver and or other approaches . There are loads of great options for this gimmick performance wise imo Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree Gaz, having options is always a good thing.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1948 Posts

Profile of Daren
The misdirection is massive to load as they are squeezing the wallet open and tipping out the contents (expecting to see their ring) as they do this you casually load the ring and now you are clean to retrieve the keys from your back pocket! Love this ring flite!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1718 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I know how this works and am very excited to receive it as I have a very unusual use for it (a mentalism effect rather than a ring flight). Been just over a week in the post so hoping it will land this week Smile

Stay Safe!

Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2020, celebrity wrote:
I know how this works and am very excited to receive it as I have a very unusual use for it (a mentalism effect rather than a ring flight). Been just over a week in the post so hoping it will land this week Smile

Stay Safe!

Michael

Now that's a tease you can't keep to yourself Michael Smile
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2020, celebrity wrote:

Stay Safe!

Michael

Now that's a tease you can't keep to yourself Michael Smile

Agreed!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1718 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I will report back of it all works out as good as I hope Smile

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
magikmax
View Profile
New user
Scotland
82 Posts

Profile of magikmax
Michael,

I received mine in Edinburgh today, I'm sure yours will not be far behind. It was delivered by Hermes.

A quick review of Flite - earlier in the thread I had a bit of a moan about how the keys appear to sit at an unnatural angle - however positive comments about the loading etc. convinced me to give it a go, so I ordered one. I must say I'm really impressed with this. The snagging issue discussed does happen in the jeans I am wearing, but not in my normal performance suit. I now own four different ring flights - Flite, Pro-Flite by Nick Einhorn, Ring Flight Revolution by Dave Bonsall, and an old leather key case version that Mark Leveridge used to sell. Flite has the fastest, cleanest load out of the four, but has the slight disadvantage that it is not as examinable as the Pro-Flite or Ring Flight Revolution.

The trailers on Ellusionist are not at all misleading - spectators can hold the keys as displayed in the trailer, and even if they are handing the loaded key to you open handed (assuming you gave them your house keys to hold as security for their ring) I can't see this being an issue. The tutorial is hosted on the MagicStream website, and is cut into bite-sized logical sections. The tutorial is very good - Tom Elderfield teaches it very well. Only two negatives - the vanish section could have been a bit better for beginners. A simple French Drop vanish is taught, however not the vanish he uses on the two ladies in the bar, where he asks one of the ladies to hold on to his wrist. Anyone with any experience will know what he is doing here, but for beginners or those newer to magic may feel a little short changed that this isn't covered. The second, and only other negative in my opinion is that the tutorial is not downloadable. You can download the trailers, but not the tutorial.

For those wondering what the type of keyring is called that Tom recommends adding to the gimmick (it isn't necessary for the trick, it's just a display idea), if you look for a belt clip keyring or bolt snap keyring on Amazon or eBay you'll find them no problem.

All in all, I'm very glad I picked this up. If anyone is on the fence, it's real is a no-brainer for the price. I think Ellusionist have priced this very fairly.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1424 Posts

Profile of Jared
I have been saying this to several magic friends who I Skype with weekly...Flite is hands-down the best overall value of any magic prop that I've purchased this year. It is also one of the few items that I can honestly say that I'll be keeping in my pocket (to-be-ready) for any casual performing situations that arise.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, Jared wrote:
I have been saying this to several magic friends who I Skype with weekly...Flite is hands-down the best overall value of any magic prop that I've purchased this year. It is also one of the few items that I can honestly say that I'll be keeping in my pocket (to-be-ready) for any casual performing situations that arise.

Yep. A part of my everyday carry for sure. Clean, quick and easy. Kinda think it's a must-have if this effect interests you.
hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of hnegash
Can anyone point me in the direction to how I can see the tutorial for this. I have the product, but it didn't list a website or anything to view a tutorial.

Thanks,

Henok
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2578 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2020, hnegash wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction to how I can see the tutorial for this. I have the product, but it didn't list a website or anything to view a tutorial.

Thanks,

Henok

It's on the box.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of hnegash
Thank you.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Livermore, CA
568 Posts

Profile of Boomer
It's not protected, anyone can view the instructions. Same thing they did with the Stack watch (and probably others).

Even turns up in a Google search.

Dave
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
395 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
I might have gotten a dud gimmick because mine broke. I haven't been rough with it all all. Just normal practice and carrying it in my pocket as you would expect. I contacted support and I'm confident they will make it right. It's disappointing just the same.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Hi,

Got mine yesterday and the idea is great.
However, I am a bit concern regarding carrying the key's in working position, on your back pocket may cause to break it.
I think I will use it with additional metal hanger
But certainty it will replace my ring flight
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL