The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes - it's really not my favourite ring to impossible location though but it's quite practical and you can carry it with you easily/all the time - so yes it's a good one and funnily enough nearly all the times I ended up performed with it were actually times I hadn't planned on performing (!) but if I plan on performing a ring to impossible location I'll stick with another routine I'm used to and that I prefer by far
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
God I really wrote that too quickly apologies for the mistakes... Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Have read many of the praises here and also watched some videos and have to say that the process of getting the ring on the key ring looks extremely easy and fast but the two keys, a very small and a large black, look unnaturally stiff and immobile, I do not like this at all and I can not imagine that the spectator does not also find this strange when he wants to release his ring from the key ring again.

The spectator should never be the one taking the ring off the key ring. You don't want them holding it for very long. You take it back and do the "removal" process yourself.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I don’t use the supplied key and they can hold mine without finding anything as I have made it so it locks it’s a thing of beauty Gaz 😊
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
How gaz?
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I will pm you regards Gaz 😊
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
700 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Anyone on the fence - if you get a MagicStream free trial you can watch the entire instruction video. It helped me choose this over the alternatives I was considering.
Brian H
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Brian H
It's indeed a very practical and clever method to load the ring. I just carry it all the time and it's always my savior when I am asked to do some magic without preparing anything.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
700 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Now people have had time to use this for a decent period of time, how well is it holding up? I'm a little concerned the construction won't hold up as well as other ring flites (e.g. Einhorn's Pro Flite). I get the sense it's a little more fragile?
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Now people have had time to use this for a decent period of time, how well is it holding up? I'm a little concerned the construction won't hold up as well as other ring flites (e.g. Einhorn's Pro Flite). I get the sense it's a little more fragile?

For me everything looks quite stable but only if I do not "sit on" my keychain to often, for this seems to me Pro-Flite better suited to be, however, the design is not to my taste and looks a little old-fashioned. The CW Morelli ring is more thin but a bit more elegant and the pendant can easily be replaced with one of your own choice. I find both systems are very usable.
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I just received this last night, and I gotta say it is a brilliant idea. Considering it is based on an age old effect, I'm impressed how Steve made the mental leap that I couldn't. I am, what I consider an advanced amateur. I performed professionally back in the eighties (yes, I'm old). I'm always on the lookout for non-playing card effects that won't break the bank and get great reactions. The fact that it is easy to do is a bonus. I get home about an two hours before my wife, so there was time to watch the tutorials and work with the gimmick. When my wife got home I showed her the effect. She's seen waaaaaaay too much magic, so my feeble attempt at a vanish did not fool her. However, I did use the suggestion of putting the key ring in her hand, and the reveal garnered a "What the !@#$!!" response. I cannot think of a higher recommendation.

I am on the fence on how the tutorial is distributed. It is no password. As I typed in the web address in Chrome, it autocompleted not only the tutorial that I was looking for, but for a couple of effects that I have not purchased. I am not worried about lay people finding it, but about protecting those that purchased effects that I have not. I should not be able to watch a tutorial of an effect I have not purchased. Old guy problems.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, peirceman wrote:
I am on the fence on how the tutorial is distributed. It is no password.

I deliberately do not quote the rest of your message but this sounds really very alarming !

This should be fixed immediately !!! - How can this be possible at all ?
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
It's also the case for other ellusionist effects I have. Was also suprised but you do need the exact webpage address (which is not that difficult to find I agree).
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Wow so simple and yet so smart it finally got here I love it! Can’t wait to start using it!
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:

My little key broke off before I even had the chance to perform it. don't recommend using it as your everyday key ring
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2021, SlipperySnake wrote:

My little key broke off before I even had the chance to perform it,
don't recommend using it as your everyday key ring

Seems to be a production error, but from my point of view it is definitely a weak point of this trick
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I disagree it’s well made the key ring on the ones made properly at least should protrude a fraction before it’s welded . That’s how mine came , yours may have been faulty from the start . You would have to go out of your way to break this so it will last forever unless mistreated . It’s like saying your brass chop cup is poorly made because you drop it and you put a slight dent in it . That will obviously occur if you dropped it on the pavement . I saw a big name coin guy at Blackpool ask to look at a young kids 3 fly he just bought from Mark Mason . He done a few moves to feel them and dropped them outside the winter gardens and ruined the edges so it happens to anything if not treated right or by a genuine accident . Mark’s coins are superbly made so don’t always blame the tools as there are a couple of prime examples for you Gaz 😊
gummyavenger
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of gummyavenger
I haven't tried this in the real world yet, but I'm toying with the idea of combining this with the effect on Gregory Wilson's On the Spot where two fingers are shown on either side of your watch band and the ring flips back and forth between fingers. Instead of pretending to throw the ring at the end, if you leave it on your middle finger, you're in position to do a thimble vanish with the ring as you pretend to hand it back. "What? Your ring has vanished? Well I do happen to have a very similar ring here on my keychain..." or "Sorry can't seem to get the darned thing to stay put..." then produce the ring on the keychain.

I've also been thinking of how this might be combined with Gregory Wilson's Bandwidth. "Oh, is this one of those soft metal rings? You know you can get these resized at home..." Then Bandwidth followed by the visual linking of the ring.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I disagree it’s well made the key ring on the ones made properly at least should protrude a fraction before it’s welded . That’s how mine came , yours may have been faulty from the start . You would have to go out of your way to break this so it will last forever unless mistreated . It’s like saying your brass chop cup is poorly made because you drop it and you put a slight dent in it . That will obviously occur if you dropped it on the pavement . I saw a big name coin guy at Blackpool ask to look at a young kids 3 fly he just bought from Mark Mason . He done a few moves to feel them and dropped them outside the winter gardens and ruined the edges so it happens to anything if not treated right or by a genuine accident . Mark’s coins are superbly made so don’t always blame the tools as there are a couple of prime examples for you Gaz 😊

It was just from having it in my pocket, but I agree, more careful with props is optimal. I just figured I could treat my keys as I normally do. I was mistaken. I didn't ask for a refund because of it. Should have been more careful
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If it does ever fall off it’s easy to weld back on even with an aralidite metal welding glue . I have even made my own spares by purchasing the same size key rings and little keys etc but they are mainly to rig up with my interlaced effect . Anyway I’m glad you have found a work around Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (79 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL