The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (71 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5066 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You wonít find a product anywhere in the world that has less than 0.14 % dissatisfied customers when they have sold that many units . Itís an incredible statistic seeing that when you can hardly buy even one deck of bikes without finding one dodgy white border . Best wishes Gaz 😊
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1101 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, simon hughes wrote:
Ok I just got Flite over the weekend and Iím blown away, this is a keeper! Incredibly simple and effective method, superb build quality and very good teaching. Itís already passed the wife test with flying colours and I canít wait to try it at gigs, when I can. Iíve got some ideas on what to routine it with so Iím going to play with those. Too big thumbs up for this product.

Just received this as well, and would only add that the simplicity of this is absolutely elegant.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1081 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Sorry if this question has been discussed, but can an un-gaffed duplicate be purchased so you can hand it out after you remove the spectator's ring? People have asked to looksie.

This is a brilliant ring flight gaff. 5 stars.
peirceman
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I would think it would be easy to make one. The item that provides cover can be replaced with any other item that is similar and cheap enough. Or.... Buy two Flites?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Easy with JB Weld
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5598 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2021, MR Effecto wrote:
Easy with JB Weld

Whatís easy with JB Weld?
Sorry, we canít read your mind to know what you are replying to.

Are you referring to repairing a broken unit or making an ungimmicked one?

AFA an ungimmicked dupe there is nothing to ďmakeĒ. You just need a standard key ring and matching keys. There are many tiny locks with keys available on Amazon and other sites to source the small key. You wouldnít need an exact match because nobody will notice a small difference because they are obviously not seen side by side.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Easy to fix if broke and easy to make a new one.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1620 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Flite by Ellusionist is the best ring Flite Iíve seen. Highly recommended.

Hereís a video of my son Ryland performing it for his YouTube channel. Itís a really commercial prop and to quote Ryland Ďsuper, super, super easy!í

https://youtu.be/oNGiE7ap830
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Flite by Ellusionist is the best ring Flite Iíve seen. Highly recommended.

Hereís a video of my son Ryland performing it for his YouTube channel. Itís a really commercial prop and to quote Ryland Ďsuper, super, super easy!í

https://youtu.be/oNGiE7ap830

Now that kid has talent.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5066 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ryland has a great teacher in his Dad and they are both right , itís super super super easy and the best ring Flite ever imo too Gaz 😊
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
This is a great product. Here's how I plan to use...

Display ring on open hand, pick up with opposite hand for closer look. B*b* sw**ch with a secretly palmed key(small) into the other hand, mention the need for a magic wand, reach for sharpie in back pocket, quickly load while reaching for pen. Three taps, reveal key. Pause, explain that if a key is in your hand... put down sharpie, show hands empty, bring out the key ring.

Got the basic mechanics down, won't show the wife until the load action is super-smooth.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5066 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Itís easier doing the same idea with the quiver purse as per Daren earlier on in the thread . Still a great idea though and well motivated for the load imo Gaz 👍😊
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Thanks for the reply Gaz. I don't have the quiver purse, but know what it does. How would that routine play out?

I like the idea of the bb switch because if done casually/softly (I drop the key at the moment the ring moves out of site as opposed to the exaggerated toss motion), there was s a nice retention of vision as the 'ring'(key) falls.

In my opinion, it looks better if you can show the hand empty before you slowly go behind your back to retrieve the key ring, hence the magic wand/pen. If performed with just a false transfer/load/reveal (sorry Raylan, still love your videos!), it's less of a 'how did it get there', and more of a 'how did it get on there' trick.

One more thought for the casually dressed performer... if you have a hooded pullover sweatshirt with 'connected pockets' in the front, you can have it look like the pen came from one pocket, the key ring from another. Can't say it makes a world of difference, but it's a nice subtlety.

Gaz- you mentioned previously that you adjusted your gimmick somehow so it was examinable? Can you pm me the details please?
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Oops. Meant Ryland, not Raylan. I guess I've been watching 'Justified' too much.
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Well, I've rehearsed my presentation of this over and over and over...(and over!). Got to where it looks great/flows smoothly, decided to show the wife. Like most of our partners she's suffered through many a trick and knows a lot about how these things work... she was blown away. The reveal of the key in my hand totally took her by surprise, revealing the ring on the keys left her speechless.
sebola
View Profile
New user
Germany
36 Posts

Profile of sebola
Wow. I have/had some other ringflights (Nick Einhorn / Ring Flight Revolution) but never got 100% warm with them.
Flight is the final solution for me. I love the simplicity, the speed, the possibilities and the visual so much; for me this is a perfect helper.

i really, really hope, it will not break, cause I read a bit of some cases here...and I also think, when we buy products out of metal, they should have no problem with stability usually Smile
i mean, all of us have so much breakable and sensitive things...a metal key should be strong Smile Smile

i have to say: I really like the flite and cant await to test it live Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5066 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree itís the final solution too Gaz 😊
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
On sale. Twenty one bucks now, too.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4203 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Question for the hive. I am assuming from all that I have read, that the vanished ring attaches using a method similar to the linking rings. Instead of using this with keys as a key chain, can I use the key ring with no keys or anything attached to it by itself? Hard to explain, but I really want to show their ring hanging from the key ring like a christmas ornament hangs from a tree. If not, is there any other ring flight where this can be done? By the way, I would remove their ring off of the ring myself, they wouldn't need to handle it so examination is not an issue.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2548 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
PM sent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (71 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL